diy solar

diy solar

what the hell???

mikethebike1958

Im currently in the market for a solar generator. Im doing the usual trawling on you tube and i thought i had it sussed then Will Prowse has now made me start all over again.

Im just looking for a decent 500w solar generator that doesnt take to long to charge up from the wall or the 12v car sockets

Im not running a/c or a fridge im just powering my mobile a coolbox a laptop 12v lights and maybe a 12v tv

I was gonna buy Bluetti or jackery everyone ekse says there great so why am I having this problem

I think that Will kinda knows what he is on about at least he sounds like he does but all im getting is so much confusion I just need something thats available here in the UK doesnt cost the earth runs like its supposed to and gives me what need

is that to much to ask for when did the world of retail get sooooo confusing????

What even is the question?

Start with giving us the model numbers of the devices you want to run with the expected run time per charge if the battery.

Then we can let you know how much power you need.

hi

sorry im very new to all thisa and have not even f got that fat however ive just seen Hobotech and his review of the new and updated jacjery explorer 300 which kinda ticks all my boxes

but thanks for the reply old chap

Im just looking for a decent 500w solar generator that doesnt take to long to charge up from the wall or the 12v car sockets
I prefer a battery that takes longer charging. It's bigger.
If you don't plan to use solar or 120v AC why not just buy a battery? Cost half as much and is four times bigger.

ha
Im just watching Will now building the milk crate system after watching it I thought you know I could do that!!

just watching the easy solar build now and Im thinking rather than spend money on jackery & ecoflow etc , , why not build my own unit ive sourced the componenets here in the uk and it comes to around £700 now i just need to know if that will do all i need it to do

will it provide power for my laptop my fridge charge my usb items im waorking on a camper van conversion soon and all this is a bit overwhelming and its uncharted waters as I have zero experience with all this but i think it will be a good investment over spending money on other peoples stuff

do you agre?

oh and thanks for taking time out to help its much appreciated

ive just seen hobotech review the explorer 300 looks great cant get it in the uk ive emailed the uk agent so hopefully they can advise me when i can get it

Im not running a/c or a fridge im just powering my mobile a coolbox a laptop 12v lights and maybe a 12v tv
Poor choice. What the Jackery offers, you don't need. What you need, Jackery doesn't offer.

Last edited:
The question im faced with now at this stage is this; with so many power station choices on offer atm, its bloody hard to make a decision as there is as always in todays, world so much choice.
I watched Wills "milk crate" build and his solar for beginners build and to my surprise, I was amazed to see how easy it was and well within the realms of my limited expertise.The Bluetti the jackery and the eco flow all claim to have battery longevity running into 1000's of cycles from 0 up to100%
Am i right in saying that an AGM cant be discharged down past 50% andd has a shorter life span and needs to be looked after?
Would it be a wise choice to simply buy 2 mid range power stations like the Jackery & the AC50s, then simply alternate them. Use one and charge the other?

I really am a newbie to all this andfrom my perspective the "plug & play option seems the better choice in terms of keeping it simple

many thanks for looking

toodle pip . . . .

Back