diy solar

diy solar

What to do about a smashed solar panel shipment?

The dispute I filed with my credit card company came out in my favor. It took a long time which makes me think that Solaris never responded to the credit card company and the clock finally ran out. I'm guessing something is very wrong at Solaris and they just can't keep up. It's hard times all around, and for some more than others. I hope they can turn things around at some point.

I came here to say this. BBB is a paid membership for the business. If the business stops paying, the BBB trashes you.
Not all true.
BBB does not trash a business just for not being a member.
If no reports BBB will indicate that.
Member in good standing is a different thing, a paid membership- but also have to respond and ideally come to a positive resolution of any complaints.
All that said, they are all branch offices so subject to flaws in human personalities, management and employee abuses of “the system” and may attempt coercion or questionable tactics to maintain or grow membership.

Last edited:
I got 40 used panels from @santansolar on Ebay...
1637689670423.png
and 1 was smashed - pretty much had to be when loaded on the pallet since it was the bottom one - looked like someone stepped on it or dropped something on it.
1637689695276.png

In any case - shipping is just too prohibitive to 1) return or 2) get a replacement - so I just 'let it go'... @santansolar said they'd make an adjustment on the next order. Had to saw it up and put in trash - what a MESS of glass etc.

Its good to order an extra panel (or 2) and sometimes you have to just push aside OCD/bother because sh** happens.

Attachments

• 1637689621055.png
    1637689621055.png
    121 KB · Views: 6
  • 1637689644099.png
    1637689644099.png
    121 KB · Views: 6
Back