diy solar

diy solar

What would be the correct setting for a Outback Charger flexmax 80

Bambinoruth714

I bought 8 12 v 200 AH lithium batteries, what would be the correct settings foe the Outback Charger and my Scheider 4048 inverter?

It's time to post the brand and model of these batteries, so we can give you specific information. What is the manufacturer's recommendation? That trumps every opinion you are likely to receive here.

It's time to post the brand and model of these batteries, so we can give you specific information. What is the manufacturer's recommendation? That trumps every opinion you are likely to receive here.
They are 7 Telentcell and 1 JITA all are 12v and 200 ah

They are 7 Telentcell and 1 JITA all are 12v and 200 ah
You are going to have to read and understand the spec sheet from the manufacturer to even know if they can be paralleled and specifically what voltage the manufacturer suggests using. Do you need help reading those specs?

Last edited:
OK, the good news is that both brands listed are designed to allow series/parallel wiring, and both have a 200A BMS. The bad news is I have no clue whether or not the two different brands are OK to wire together.

To start out, and just get the system up and running, I would suggest you wire only four of the Talentcell batteries in series to get one 48V string. Then communicate with both manufacturers and ask them to state whether these two brands can be mixed.

To get started, I'd suggest setting your bulk and absorb charge settings to 58.4V, with the potential to raise the voltage to 59.6V is it is deemed necessary. If setting the float voltage is required, I'd start at 55.2V.

How did you end up with two different brands to begin with? I don't have much experience with Li, so I'm not going to tell you it's OK. Best for you to ask the manufacturer. Maybe Will can chime in here?

Last edited:
Back