diy solar

diy solar

What's a good place to find higher watt panels locally?

metalheaddoc

I would like to fool around with some 300-400 watt panels on the cheap. What would be a good starting point locally? I don't see any on Craigs List. Do I call local solar dealers and ask if they have used panels? I don't want the buy new for a DIY experiment and I wouldn't be ordering in any decent quantity for someone to ship them economically.

Try Facebook Marketplace. Set a filter for ads within x miles of your city, and sort by delivery method - local pickup.

It may take a month or two but something will show up on Craigslist or Marketplace. I often see entire systems for sale for variety of reasons such as the home sold and the new owner doesn't wasn't solar.

I would like to fool around with some 300-400 watt panels on the cheap. What would be a good starting point locally? I don't see any on Craigs List. Do I call local solar dealers and ask if they have used panels? I don't want the buy new for a DIY experiment and I wouldn't be ordering in any decent quantity for someone to ship them economically.
What region?

Sorry, can’t help you. Know some good sources for high-power panels in the SF Bay Area but not in the Midwest…
What kinds of higher watt panels do you know of? I'm in the Bay Area as well.

I have checked CraigsList and Facebook Marketplace and don't see much. Should I contact local solar vendors and ask if they have any used panels on the cheap?

Sorry, can’t help you. Know some good sources for high-power panels in the SF Bay Area but not in the Midwest…

Santan Solar is worth checking out - you’ll need to pay shipping but they always have deals on used panels: https://santansolar.com/product/used-jinko-310w-solar-panel/
Just purchased 12 used panels from Santan Solar. These panel look Brand new Im hoping they perform as well as they look. QCELLS 325

Thank you for the info. I don't even really have a plan for the panels. It was just fantasizing a DIY system for fooling around and experimenting and learning. I wanted to do a 4 x 400W system.

Thank you for the info. I don't even really have a plan for the panels. It was just fantasizing a DIY system for fooling around and experimenting and learning. I wanted to do a 4 x 400W system.
Used panels are great to experiment with and at .24 cents a watt you can't go wrong with that.Good luck and have some fun.

Back