diy solar

diy solar

Whats your average KWH hour household ?

Trev2323

OK wow I guess we are very wasteful and thanks to looking up solar projects and this forum it has me looking up out bills. OUR average daily KWH is 26.2 for 2 people in a single family household. WHAT is your average

Amateur. :)

75kWh/day annual average.

Low month daily average (Nov): 46kWh
High month daily average (July): 120kWh

2 parents, 2 teenagers.

Extra insulation, SEER 14 5 ton heatpump, all double pane windows, all lights LED/CFL.

Phoenix, AZ. :)

A 10kWh array would replace about 60% of our annual usage.

Amateur. :)

75kWh/day annual average.

Low month daily average (Nov): 46kWh
High month daily average (July): 120kWh

2 parents, 2 teenagers.

Extra insulation, SEER 14 5 ton heatpump, all double pane windows, all lights LED/CFL.

Phoenix, AZ. :)

A 10kWh array would replace about 60% of our annual usage.
HOLYCRAP... i bought my honey a commercial washer and a commercial dryer.. now all the kids come home and some neices to do their laundry here lol

I live in a 1200 sq. ft. home in San Francisco bay area, California so it doesn't get all that cold, but hot yes.

During mid-day without the air conditioner on, my house uses between 300 to 500 watts an hour. and after I go to bed, it drops down to 150 watts an hour. Everything is LED and low energy stuff.

Yea 75 kWh is alot. Wow. No Pool??? and July 120kWh a day. You need to get you own SMR installed in the back yard. (Small Modular Reactor)

We just bought an 2500 sq ft home brand new. We still own our other home paid for but now rent it out. It was 1750 sq feet. I thought the power bill would go up alot and we would use more energy but not the case.

We are in the North West Florida area. Just wife and I and a cat. The Grand babies are over alot. :)

We also have Extra insulation, 4 ton heat pump, all double pane Low-E windows, all lights are LED. Matter of fact we just had radiant barrier installed though out the entire attic even over the 3 car garage. That will make a big difference in the summer.

Here is our daily usage. The high days of 40+ kWh use was two guys building a shed in the back yard and used this old air compressor. LOL

The power now is not live because I have my home built energy monitor disconnected right now and adding another two channel board for two more CT's we just had a solar system installed and going to monitor it also.

8lb9LAu.jpg

Last edited:
Yea 75 kWh is alot. Wow. No Pool??? and July 120kWh a day. You need to get you own SMR installed in the back yard. (Small Modular Reactor)

We just bought an 2500 sq ft home brand new. We still own our other home paid for but now rent it out. It was 1750 sq feet. I thought the power bill would go up alot and we would use more energy but not the case.

We are in the North West Florida area. Just wife and I and a cat. The Grand babies are over alot. :)

We also have Extra insulation, 4 ton heat pump, all double pane Low-E windows, all lights are LED. Matter of fact we just had radiant barrier installed though out the entire attic even over the 3 car garage. That will make a big difference in the summer.

Here is our daily usage. The high days of 40+ kWh use was two guys building a shed in the back yard and used this old air compressor. LOL

The power now is not live because I have my home built energy monitor disconnected right now and adding another two channel board for two more CT's we just had a solar system installed and going to monitor it also..

We do have a small above ground pool. It runs about 8 hours per day, so that's maybe 10-20% of it.

Keeping cool in 120°F is a bear.

House is about 35 years old, so we're working with old standards. I'm not surprised your larger house doesn't have higher energy usage. Most homes are much more efficient these days.

If you hear of a waiting list for the SMRs, please let me know. :)

We do have a small above ground pool. It runs about 8 hours per day, so that's maybe 10-20% of it.

Keeping cool in 120°F is a bear.

House is about 35 years old, so we're working with old standards. I'm not surprised your larger house doesn't have higher energy usage. Most homes are much more efficient these days.

If you hear of a waiting list for the SMRs, please let me know. :)

Yea we had an 18 foot above ground round pool at the other place and it would use some power. I think we also ran it about 8 hours a day. We sold it when we moved. I did not want to rent the house out with a pool...

I am sure a 35 year old house is kool and has lots of character and also would have some energy challenges to go with.

We get pretty hot here in Florida also and one reason we had the radiant barrier installed in the attic. You might want to do this or get some of that open cell foam sprayed in the attic. Might help?

Ha ha the SMR would be neat to own but probably out of our reach and most people are scared of Nuclear Energy anyway.

WOW I thought we were doing bad. It seems were actually doing alright. its a 1910 Chicago Bungalow. We replaced most of the windows with triple pane windows we have a insulated attic sealing and a hot water boiler as the heating system. I can probably get it lower if I shut down my 5 fish tanks

WOW I thought we were doing bad. It seems were actually doing alright. its a 1910 Chicago Bungalow. We replaced most of the windows with triple pane windows we have a insulated attic sealing and a hot water boiler as the heating system. I can probably get it lower if I shut down my 5 fish tanks
So what's your daily kWh usage?

I averaged 25.5 kwh per day for the past year. Live in SE Texas where we run air conditioner for 9 months a year. But, I'm efficient. No spouse, no rugrats, all LED's.

15.6KwH/D for two households and two businesses/shops. Springlike temps here all year (even if we are as far north as Cape Cod) so we have little need for heat, and NO need for AC. We have a micro-split heat pump that is mostly for dehumidification - the rest is two household (energy star) refrigerators, a deep freeze, microwave(s), four TVs, four (or five??) computers/monitors, satellite, washer, LPG dryer, LPG tankless water heater (x2), LAN, ADLSx2, cellular booster, satellite TV, CCTV, air compressor, water pump, and a bunch of LED lights. I didn't consider myself to be very efficient (other than early adopter LED) but I guess my mild climate makes up for it.

800 KWH, how, I dunno, I think my neighbors are stealing my power to send signals to aliens or something.
To add salt to my open wounds, the power co keeps sending me these colorful letters to show HOW flucking inefficient my home is, lol.
2 adults and 1 kid.

I have 2 fridge and 1 feezer running, that is about it.

I averaged 25.5 kwh per day for the past year. Live in SE Texas where we run air conditioner for 9 months a year. But, I'm efficient. No spouse, no rugrats, all LED's.
Were at 26kwh in Chicago 2 adults in a Chicago Bungalow with Grandkids over all the time lol

15.6KwH/D for two households and two businesses/shops. Springlike temps here all year (even if we are as far north as Cape Cod) so we have little need for heat, and NO need for AC. We have a micro-split heat pump that is mostly for dehumidification - the rest is two household (energy star) refrigerators, a deep freeze, microwave(s), four TVs, four (or five??) computers/monitors, satellite, washer, LPG dryer, LPG tankless water heater (x2), LAN, ADLSx2, cellular booster, satellite TV, CCTV, air compressor, water pump, and a bunch of LED lights. I didn't consider myself to be very efficient (other than early adopter LED) but I guess my mild climate makes up for it.
WHERE is here I am tire of the Chicago winters and can retire in 5 years

10 to 11 kwh per day avg. 2,500sf single family house with 2 occupants SoCal. We definitely have more margin for efficiency as well.
Base electricity cost here is a ripofff 27 cents per kwh. The rate tiers go as high as 48 cents per kwh at peak.

Back