diy solar

diy solar

When your ground mount array's more than just a place to bolt your panels, but is an expression of your artistic abilities.

That is Kris Harbour - been following him since he first started his place in Wales.
If you think the PV rack is impressive, watch him building his own wind mill, workshop, home greenhouse and his water turbine systems.
He is very motivated and does great video's on many topics from off grid energy to gardening to how he built a house all from materials on his property.

Wow! That guy has not only all the toys, but the skills to use them! Milling his own lumber for his ground mount? Yikes!
not just his groundmount..
he has litterally build it all himself, house now a huge barn.
his microhydro series is fenomenal

Pretty impressive eh? Milling his own timber AND plasma cutting his own steel.. like who does that? View attachment 140889
I've been keeping my eyes open for a decent used mill, it's to easy for me to stop and see one of the nearby Amish, order from their lumber yards...
A good friend of mines dad built an entire garage/barn using a chain saw mill along with a sun room with dual sided stone fireplace and bar on the outside.
It's pretty impressive what you can do with those chainsaw mills.

If I had the money to buy the equipment I'd without a doubt build my own array from scratch (I could do most of it now if I buy a better welder and a plasma torch) I'd likely bury tube steel in the ground, at a slight angle, for the rear; then put the rear legs into the tube... Have the front be a massive 'hinge'... Adjustable ground mount.
Like I said in a separate thread working with my hands is my livelihood.
I love to learn new skills and build things, my biggest problem is finding an open table/bench to work on. Fsd (flad surface disease) is very real in my life ?.

I've watched a few of his YouTube videos, he's brilliant, motivated and inspirational.

Back