diy solar

diy solar

Where can I buy Metric Cable manufactured to the IEC 60228 square mm specs in North America

NobodyOfNaught

Preface: I am not looking for aproximate size equivalents in AWG and I don't need an explanation on why electrons don't care what spec you use.

I'm looking for a North American supplier of cable manufactured to the standard metric sizes as defined in IEC 60228

Here's an example of a UK manufacturer

Mostly because I don't want to support the non metric industry.
You raise an interesting point. Canada, for example, supposedly went "metric" decades ago.
But through common use many measures are still referred to by their old imperial measure.
I suppose it's because many of our products originate in the US and also because there's a lot of news and media reports back and forth (eg. weather reports)

Many Americans are surprised to learn that they are basically the only country in the world that hasn't switched to metric. But, oddly, this doesn't seem to translate into a desire to Want to!

You raise an interesting point. Canada, for example, supposedly went "metric" decades ago.
But through common use many measures are still referred to by their old imperial measure.
I suppose it's because many of our products originate in the US and also because there's a lot of news and media reports back and forth (eg. weather reports)

Many Americans are surprised to learn that they are basically the only country in the world that hasn't switched to metric. But, oddly, this doesn't seem to translate into a desire to Want to!
My Boat was built in france but spent 2 decades in the USA and Canadian so it's an anoying mess of both metric and imperial measurements.

I also plan on crusing arround the world most of which will not have any imperial parts available, so I've decided that anything I add or replace will be metric.

Back