diy solar

diy solar

Where to buy aluminum plate?

Horsefly

Solar Wizard
I'm sure it is someplace on the forum, but I couldn't find it. For those who use aluminum plates either for heat dissipation or compression, where did you buy it?

No other preferred sources? Metals Depot looks OK, but I'd love to do some comparisons with other places people have shopped.

Check out the compression plates @Lt.Dan are offering as they may solve your issues.
Yeah I did look at those. There's two issues for me. First, his plates are sized for the 280Ah cells that 90% of the people here are using. I'm using the slightly smaller 230Ah cells in an 8s configuration of 2 rows of 4. Doesn't look like @Lt.Dan's stuff will fit. Secondly, my system is a stationary install in the basement of a cabin. I'm not convinced my cells need compression, and I'm not sure I even need something to stabilize them. So my main desire is for a plate under the pack to dissipate heat from heating pads underneath.

I am considering some sort of fixture just to allow me to lift out the whole pack from the battery box, so I'll look again at @Lt.Dan's plates.

I've made several metal purchases from onlinemetals.com all with good experience including lots of custom cut sizes. And they're very responsive to emails if you have a question about something you wish to order. Though their shipping prices can sometimes be higher than desired so be sure to order all of your metal needs in one order.

Back