diy solar

diy solar

Where to find UL listed panels in small quantities?

solar_trees

I'm designing a system and have space for 2-4 panels. I would like to get some UL listed panels, but so far all the panels I've found have a minimum order if at least 6. Does anyone know of a vendor that will ship small quantities of UL listed panels?

Check out the link below. Their website is a good start, but to really get what you need, you'll have to call. What's on the website is for all nationwide locations. Your local store may not stock all that.

I just used Greentech Renewables. I got 4 NRTL listed 400W panels. I had to go into the store, but they were very helpful. I'd rather not buy a small number of panels and risk cracking them in shipment. My wife and I arrived in our truck, they loaded them and we strapped them in and drove them home.

I suspect they were surplus panels from a larger job.

For those wondering, an NRTL is a lab that test to UL standards and are approved by US OSHA to test to UL standards. A vendor can choose which lab with which to contract the testing. Here is the list of NRTLs, and I think it has the 'mark' for each lab.

There is no reason that an AHJ should refuse to recognize a product listed by an NRTL to the required UL standard.

Here is Greentech. If you have one in your area, you might want to contact them for small numbers of solar panels.

Back