diy solar

diy solar

Where to get the Jackery 1500 DC Input Connector?

Very interesting… i think the V2 also has slightly larger capacity than V1. My 1500 says it has 1488wh but their website spec is over 1500wh. So V2 can take more current, but I assume max voltage is still 48v given the AC adapter still is the same. So while max power is still 300w, there is more flexibility to get to 300w since v2 allows 12A while v1 max at 6.25?

I have also observed that my jackery 1500 doesn’t seem to take more than 6-7A of current. I tested this with a 480V 12-48V variable voltage supply and noted accepted power increase with voltage, with the jackery not drawing more than 6A, I had expected it to have steady power and just pull more A when voltage is lower. The only exception is when the input voltage is around 12-14v, where it seems to draw more, maybe there is exception when it think it is being charged from a car cigarette adapter. I will need to do more experiment to check.

I connected a canada solar 315 panel (Vmp 33v, Imp 9.5A) and am surprised that the max power I got was around 190W. This now make sense if the max current is 6A.
My understanding from talking to others is the V2 takes a different AC adapter. It uses 24V, 12.5A to achieve 300W. They basically cut the voltage in half (48V->24V) while doubling the current (6.25->12.5). Again I don't have a V2, so I can't confirm the numbers and I've gotten them from others. Your results are consistent with a V1, which uses 48V, 6.25A. It will not take more than 6.25A.

I had purchased the 1500 with the idea of pairing it with one of their SolarSaga 200's. When I used the 200 with the E1500, it gave around 115W max. It was returned to Jackery, but it's consistent with what you'd expect for a 19V panel i.e. 19V*6.25=118W. A V2 "should" work well with the 200, since the 200 outputs a current of around 10.5A, and the V2 can handle up to 24V, 12.5A (if the numbers are correct). I decided to try out the Rockpals as it's a much less expensive solution than going with their panels/finding a workaround with them. While I've found their customer support bends over backwards to work with you, it can be a little tiring because they're overworked, in a much different timezone, and it can sometimes take multiple email/waits for them to understand exactly what you're requesting. The only downside to the Rockpals that I can see is it's only IPV4 and the junction box isn't water resistent, so I'll need to keep it out of the rain, and I'm OK with that.

Also, don't use the Rockpals with a V2 in 36V mode; the V2 can only handle 24V. If you use it in 18V mode, you'll get a max of 100W out of it.

Last edited:
I am surprised they would make such a significant change without calling it a new product. If v2 max at 24V while v1 is 48v, it can cause problems if people uses chargers and adapters that came with v1 on their v2.

In the end, jackery stuff is not really meant to be cross compatible, even their connector is proprietary. Mine is beyond the return period now so I am stuck with it. It is a nice all in one package and works well if you stick with their stuff exactly.

I am surprised they would make such a significant change without calling it a new product. If v2 max at 24V while v1 is 48v, it can cause problems if people uses chargers and adapters that came with v1 on their v2.

In the end, jackery stuff is not really meant to be cross compatible, even their connector is proprietary. Mine is beyond the return period now so I am stuck with it. It is a nice all in one package and works well if you stick with their stuff exactly.
It surprised me also, but I can't speak for Jackery. As I said, I'm relying on others for the V2 specs. They may not be correct; I don't have one and can't independently verify. Someone else posted verbatim a response they said was from Jackery support and I've been referencing the numbers in that response.

Since I have a V1 I'm working with what I have. If the Rockpals works out I'll be very happy with the V1. Since it's a serial connection (I hope), I should be able to add a 12V panel with a current of at least 5.56A to bring the DC input port up to max 266W (34W less than it rated for) if I need the extra power. Shouldn't need it, though.

Last edited:
I sent Jackery support some questions about this and see what they say. There is definitely a difference between V1 and now, as the internal battery on mine is 36V and the one now is 25V. I really wish they would use a different input plug as they ones they have are not standard. I complained and they send me a thin to thick adapter, but I don't want to reply on something that I can't but replacements for. Oh well.

If you are looking for panels and want something portable, consider the Eco Worthy 120W folding panels. I have 2 of them and they work well with the included serial adapter. With Imp 6.67A and Vmp 18V, 2 in series pairs nicely with the 6.25A limit on Jackery 1500 V1. I am located in southern Canada and can get 160-180W (hit 190W a couple of times) with a pair of them regularly with them on a good summer day. These days, when I really want to charge it fast using solar, I use a Canada Solar 315W panel on one input, together with a pair of EcoWorth 120 in series on the other, though the Canada Solar 315 isn't portable at all. With that setup, I approach 400W solar on the best of times.

There are times when the V1 can take more than 6.25A. When I charge with the car cigarette adapter, I get 85W input (95W output at the source, a Goal Zero Yeti 400 unit) measured at 12.28V, so it is drawing 6.9A to 7.7A depending how you measure it. Not much more, but it is more.

Last edited:
I tried the Rockpals 200W today and am getting around 160W on one, 320 on two using both input ports. Wasn't pointed directly at the sun, but pretty close, so this is about the best I'll get. This is using the thin-thick adapter on both. My favorite South American rainforest store had a coupon for 50%off for a day or two that I caught just as it was about to expire, so I ended up paying about 1.25/watt. They aren't as sturdy as the Jackery panels, and they don't have the nice protective carrying case, but they work with the V1 (although it took a minute or so for the controller on the Jackery to settle down). Jackery's 200W panels don't work well with the V1 (118W/panel).

Back