diy solar

diy solar

Which 60a SCC should I use? Rich Solar or Renogy, they both look similar

kenkoh

Solar Enthusiast

Building a new 12v 800w setup, can't decide on Rich or Renogy.

Attachments

• 800w web.jpg
    800w web.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 6
I've got 2x of the Renogy 60A's. Never used the richsolar one.
Cant complain about the Renogy other than the minor irk of having to set voltage charging limits for my 48v system, as if my system was 12v (have to 4x everything).
Renogy is easy enough to export data via a Raspberry pi and get it all up on Grafana too.

I have been super happy with the EPever 6415AN... In fact I just ordered 2 more...It's a great unit for $240... I have been running it over paneled and hit it with up to 135 volts no issues... Been great for like 8 months being used 24/7

For ease of programming I recommend getting the Bluetooth module it also makes it really easy to monitor the unit... If programming is your only issue $15 to get you the USB cable and the software is free

I have been super happy with the EPever 6415AN... In fact I just ordered 2 more...It's a great unit for $240... I have been running it over paneled and hit it with up to 135 volts no issues... Been great for like 8 months being used 24/7

For ease of programming I recommend getting the Bluetooth module it also makes it really easy to monitor the unit... If programming is your only issue $15 to get you the USB cable and the software is free
What size fuse are you using between EPever 6415AN and battery? 75a?

I've got 2x of the Renogy 60A's. Never used the richsolar one.
Cant complain about the Renogy other than the minor irk of having to set voltage charging limits for my 48v system, as if my system was 12v (have to 4x everything).
Renogy is easy enough to export data via a Raspberry pi and get it all up on Grafana too.
On the Renogy website, why do they recommend a 60a fuse for the 60a SCC? I was wondering if it's actually rated lower than 60a.

I also have a 6415 an and two 4215 bn series. Programming with a mt50 is super easy. Epever makes some good controllers.

All the same Chinese OEM, made by SRNE:

SRNE is also the OEM for eg WCS (German seller) and probably some more.

I personally would prefer Epever or Victron.

As for Renogy: Their support / customer service is known to be kind of dodgy, (might have change) but I have seen quite a lot of people complaining about that.

Building a new 12v 800w setup, can't decide on Rich or Renogy.
Neither...get something else

What type of batteries do you use? Thanks!

Back