diy solar

diy solar

Which best value BMS to go for?

Frankie1000

Hi all,

So I currently have a Daly 150A BMS, which looks a bit like a graphics card, two fans, big heatsink, etc. It has the Bluetooth Comms module.

So I've never actually seen the fans spin, it rarely gets warm and balancing wires are very thin so I doubt it would be able to do much burning off even if it tried, which it doesn't seem to anyway!

I have a 16S 105ah pack and noticed one of my cells would always get pulled down lower than the others. I also noticed the Daly BMS didn't bother to cut discharge MOS even when pack / cells went below the set minimum, it honestly doesn't seem to do anything at all.

I've even just updated the firmware and still seems useless. The App reports connection info and battery info fine so it's seeing something.

So, I've come to the conclusion based on this and many others complaining post that these BMS's are a bit rubbish.

I've manually pumped up the voltage on the much lower cell and will see how it does today, to hopefully rule out a dud cell but indications point to the BMS being useless.

I bulk charge to 56v and float at 55.4 so there should have been enough up top for it to balance?

What quality and value for money options are there as an alternative?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back