diy solar

diy solar

Which BMS to buy?

Got mine from lithiumbatterypcb.com and so far it's ok. It's a JBD configured by them, but mine cost $60 shipped. 120a 4s with bluetooth. Has 3 leads off both sides, soldered. Overkill has the ability for terminals vs soldered.

If it's for 12v (4s), then OverKill 120a BMS of course.

In fact I just bought 2 extra ones for spares to put in my faraday / spare parts bin, like a couple weeks ago, and they just came the other day, so now I have 2 mains, and 2 spares in case an EMP takes out my current setup. :geek:

View attachment 58018
Not sure if you saw my exchange with rhino^^^ but apparently the Hightech guys sell the exact same product, but with higher amperage. I just ordered one! And I won't have to wait a month for it...

Got mine from lithiumbatterypcb.com and so far it's ok. It's a JBD configured by them, but mine cost $60 shipped. 120a 4s with bluetooth. Has 3 leads off both sides, soldered. Overkill has the ability for terminals vs soldered.
Oh, damn... That's less than half of what I just paid for one from HighTech. Well... at least the one I'm getting is 150A. But thank you, I'll definitely keep this in mind for the future!

Not sure if you saw my exchange with rhino^^^ but apparently the Hightech guys sell the exact same product, but with higher amperage. I just ordered one! And I won't have to wait a month for it...

Yeah I saw it hehe...

Wasn't the HighTechLabs guy selling the JBD ones anyways? Supposedly OverKill uses the rebranded JBD anyways (I've heard that too). I also just ordered 4x spare JBD 200a 16s BMSs for my other 48v banks, as per some of those threads here, saying that you can't go wrong with JBD, and since I like the OverKill ones, I should be happy with the other 16s ones too... The 2x OverKill I just received, only took a week and a half or something to get to me, he must've got more in stock...

Last edited:
Yeah I saw it hehe...

Wasn't the HighTechLabs guy selling the JBD ones anyways? Supposedly OverKill uses the rebranded JBD anyways (I've heard that too). I also just ordered some spare 4x JBD 200a 16s BMSs for my other 48v banks, as per some of those threads here, saying that you can't go wrong with JBD, and since I like the OverKill ones, I should be happy with the other 16s ones too... The 2x OverKill I just received, only took a week and a half or something to get to me, he must've got more in stock...
Yeah, apparently they're all JBDs. So I guess we'll both be happy!

JBD is used by a LOT of folks, even the imported prebuilts often use JBD.
The MOQ for commercial orders is pretty big and HTLabs mentions that. They do modify for large orders and will even rebrand with a specific company logo if desired. They are the OEM.

Steve @ Overkill did up really excellent documentation and I believe he even got a tweaked up version of the software to offer his clients. This Added Value enhanced the "Attractiveness" for many DIY'ers.

My own primary LFP Battery Bank uses Chargery BMS', but my "utility" 12V/100AH (4s/120A) & new (parts in transit) 24V/100AH (8S/150A) are JBD BMS equipped as they are "Light Duty".

Back