diy solar

diy solar

Which cell is being discharged by the chargery

Cheap 4-life

My body is 2.63 trillion volts, .07v per cell
The first two pics are from the chargery manual. They show certain number cells balancing depending on which state the battery is in. The way it’s worded makes it seem like those are the only cells that would be balanced when the individual modes are used. Am I reading it wrong.? Will it always drain the highest cell first in every mode?

Also another question. Refer to the last two pics. The kWh on my lcd screen says over 4000kWh after I updated to the newest version. I only have 18.6kWh. How do I make it display 18.6kwh instead of over 4000. There is a watt hour adjustment in the settings that wasn’t there before I updated the bms. It’s only letting me adjust it to read negative.

Attachments

• F3786A15-9658-4712-928D-AF9E759552BF.png
    F3786A15-9658-4712-928D-AF9E759552BF.png
    372.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 47C0696B-82DD-4424-ADE2-6F1B0CF3C8EE.png
    47C0696B-82DD-4424-ADE2-6F1B0CF3C8EE.png
    371.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The kWH and watt hours it shows on my bms

Attachments

• F50FCA80-504F-499F-86C2-62AEED5623D1.jpeg
    F50FCA80-504F-499F-86C2-62AEED5623D1.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 5A400ACB-FD77-4B13-A141-376FDE66CE07.jpeg
    5A400ACB-FD77-4B13-A141-376FDE66CE07.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 4
-4535 watt hours? that should be positive not negative.
0 amp hours? needs a relearn
correct the watt hours discharge then charge to full.

-4535 watt hours? that should be positive not negative.
0 amp hours? needs a relearn
correct the watt hours discharge then charge to full.
It only lets me go further negative when I adjust the watt hours... it started off at zero. It wouldn’t adjust up or positive only negative. It only keeps going further negative, I can’t push up to get it to stop going further negative. I thought it might eventually stop going negative and then start positive but it just keeps going negative.
It started with the kWh displaying over 4000kwh so I tried adjusting the watt hours in settings but it only was able to be adjusted further negative.. maybe I spit that out right.
Maybe I shouldn’t have tried to adjust the watt hours and just waited for charge-discharge to see if the kWh went down. To late now. How do I get the watt hours to atleast go back to zero. It only allows me to go down (push down) to go further negative

Do a default setting and set up the unit with the steps in the newest manual.

I updated the main unit to 4.05. Is the newest manual 4.02?
Yes .... the updates after that were mostly to enhance SOC functions. You will have to fully charge and discharge once to get things back in sync, but you have to set up the AH and WH as indicated in the manual.

Yes .... the updates after that were mostly to enhance SOC functions. You will have to fully charge and discharge once to get things back in sync, but you have to set up the AH and WH as indicated in the manual.
I reset to factory default. It didn’t change the watt hours it still says negative in the settings. When updated to version 4.05 it then showed the option to adjust a watt hour setting. I didn’t have that option in settings before the update. I tried to adjust it but like I said, it would only go down into the negative. After the factory default reset it still won’t let me push up to get it out of negative. In the manual to set up Ah and Wh it simply says to adjust it in the settings to what your battery is. But like I said, when I push up it won’t let the numbers go up, just down further negative

I’m thinking maybe I should install version 4.02 instead of 4.05? Thoughts?
Maybe once charge and discharge happens it will then let me push up to get the watt hour setting out of the negative in the settings?

Last edited:
I’m thinking maybe a should install version 4.02 instead of 4.05? Thoughts?
Maybe once charge and discharge happens it will then let me push up to get the watt hour setting out of the negative in the settings?
I don't think that would be the problem .... The 16 seems to be a different animal sometimes.

I will tag @Chargery, but haven't seen him on here lately. Maybe he will have an idea ... or maybe @Steve_S has seen this issue.

It’s been 24hrs. Had some charge and discharge happen. Still says over 4000kwh and the setting still only allow the watt hours to be set to negative

It would be a good idea to also email Jason thru the Chargery web page.

The first two pics are from the chargery manual. They show certain number cells balancing depending on which state the battery is in. The way it’s worded makes it seem like those are the only cells that would be balanced when the individual modes are used. Am I reading it wrong.? Will it always drain the highest cell first in every mode?

Also another question. Refer to the last two pics. The kWh on my lcd screen says over 4000kWh after I updated to the newest version. I only have 18.6kWh. How do I make it display 18.6kwh instead of over 4000. There is a watt hour adjustment in the settings that wasn’t there before I updated the bms. It’s only letting me adjust it to read negative.
I kinda figured out the answer to my first question. The cells shown in the chargery manual that are balancing during charge,discharge and storage are not the only cells that will balance in those modes. The highest cells are being balanced in every mode. I thought that’s how it should work but again the wording in the manual confused me.

I kinda figured out the answer to my first question. The cells shown in the chargery manual that are balancing during charge,discharge and storage are not the only cells that will balance in those modes. The highest cells are being balanced in every mode. I thought that’s how it should work but again the wording in the manual confused me.
If you go into the balance set menu, you can choose what voltage you want to start balancing .... normally 3.4 for Lifep04 .... you can also set what modes you want it to balance in ... normally just charge .... the settings are outlined on page 19.

If you go into the balance set menu, you can choose what voltage you want to start balancing .... normally 3.4 for Lifep04 .... you can also set what modes you want it to balance in ... normally just charge .... the settings are outlined on page 19.
Yes, that is all understood

Back