diy solar

diy solar

Which is preferred: BMS limiting amps or fuse limiting amps?

While Victron isn't using Class T fuses in their diagrams (the ones I've looked at), they are using ANL immediately downstream of the battery instead of MEGA. They do use MEGA fuses between the common bus bar and the inverter.

I'll be using a MEGA fuse to the inverter. But I'm sticking with the Class T fuse next to the battery.

While Victron isn't using Class T fuses in their diagrams
All of the diagrams I've seen from Victron (which is far from all of them) use ANL. Half of those diagrams are AGM batteries and half are LiFePO₄. I don't know if Victron simply "copied and pasted" the ANL fuses from AGM diagrams when creating LiFePO₄ diagrams or if Victron actually suggests ANL is just fine for LiFePO₄.

I also have a MEGA fuse for my inverter (since that is what Victron uses in their diagrams for their inverters).

All of the diagrams I've seen from Victron (which is far from all of them) use ANL. Half of those diagrams are AGM batteries and half are LiFePO₄. I don't know if Victron simply "copied and pasted" the ANL fuses from AGM diagrams when creating LiFePO₄ diagrams or if Victron actually suggests ANL is just fine for LiFePO₄.

I also have a MEGA fuse for my inverter (since that is what Victron uses in their diagrams for their inverters).

There could be a lot of shocked users should Victron change to Class T at the battery. :)

Back