diy solar

diy solar

Which of these two BMSs should I get ???

drlucid

I am done with Daly 250A BMSs (type with the fan). I have had several fail on me. This last one failed after a couple of weeks, I can only guess that it might have been due to the rain -- even though they claim it is IP65 rainproof. Voltage randomly started reading wrong on two of the cells (one at 4.65V the other at 0.7V) ; and they read perfectly fine with a voltmeter. So, anyways, please do not advise getting one of these :) I hope it works out well for those who have them. I am interested in getting something that works, even if it costs a bit more money. I cannot find very many BMSs that are over 200A, so if there are some that I might have missed, please let me know.

Which one of these should I get and why? I am a bit confused why one is almost half the price of the other one. Again, I would rather go with something that works than go through more issues with BMSs failing. I need 200A discharge, 100A charge, and prefer to have temp disconnect. Bluetooth control. Thanks for your help / advice !

$199

$109 + 5% off coupon

Never heard of the first one. Only seen the second one, once.
My next battery will have a JK BMS.

Off-grid channel on youtube, the crazy aus recomend JK, i buy JK because of him. check his videos, there is 3 brands testing.

Off-grid channel on youtube, the crazy aus recomend JK, i buy JK because of him. check his videos, there is 3 brands testing.
That would be Andy. I watch all of his videos.
"OFF GRID GARAGE"
I believe that he's here, too.

Thanks for the feedback. I ran across one of Andy's videos before, I find him very funny and sincere. I didn't realize he had his own reviews, that was helpful.

I went ahead and ordered the JK w/o heating option and the accessory to turn it on without a power supply. My only question was what the RS-485 interface was for, I think it is just used for the LCD output not really for using with a computer. I decided not to get it, as Andy's video just used bluetooth with a phone and I thought that would be good enough for this one. Thanks again for the help!

I have the JBD 200a and seems decent, haven’t put it through it’s paces but was able to initially charge up 8 230 cells in 12c banks.

With that being said the 4S 200a JK active balancer with worthwhile current would have taken my money if I did my research first.

Thanks for the feedback. I ran across one of Andy's videos before, I find him very funny and sincere. I didn't realize he had his own reviews, that was helpful.

I went ahead and ordered the JK w/o heating option and the accessory to turn it on without a power supply. My only question was what the RS-485 interface was for, I think it is just used for the LCD output not really for using with a computer. I decided not to get it, as Andy's video just used bluetooth with a phone and I thought that would be good enough for this one. Thanks again for the help!
RS-485 is for communication with inverters that are compatible. Not necessary, but a nice feature.

Back