diy solar

diy solar

Which option to power the whole house 24/7/365?

Sebanavila

Hi everyone, I'm starting to design and budgeting a solar system for my house in the next year, I've already make a couple of diagrams base on a lot of research and the demand in kwh ( around 65 per day ). And this is what I think will work best for me ( I might be wrong ).

I know that importing panels from china will be my biggest concern, but it's what I have to deal with down the road.
I chose these panels ( Yangtze YSM-700M-66 ), due to the space that I'll have available for a ground mount.

I'll appreciate all advice and recommendations, I'm here to learn more every day.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Option 1.JPG
    Option 1.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Option 2.JPG
    Option 2.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 59
  • Option 3.JPG
    Option 3.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 64
At 65KWh per day that system is overkill. Do you really need 230KWh of batteries or 3.5 days worth of spare power?
Are you planing to feed your 240V Split phase devices 240V Single Phase? Some devices will not be happy with that.
Is a 100A autotransformer enough.

It just seems like a bit of overkill in some areas and not enough in others. I use a 12Kw inverter and 10KWp of solar. My daily usage is 50KWh. I only have 21KWh of batteries but with 30KWh of batteries I could be off the Grid without having to conserve or have a life style change.

At 65KWh per day that system is overkill. Do you really need 230KWh of batteries or 3.5 days worth of spare power?
Are you planing to feed your 240V Split phase devices 240V Single Phase? Some devices will not be happy with that.
Is a 100A autotransformer enough.

It just seems like a bit of overkill in some areas and not enough in others. I use a 12Kw inverter and 10KWp of solar. My daily usage is 50KWh. I only have 21KWh of batteries but with 30KWh of batteries I could be off the Grid without having to conserve or have a life style change.
It seems overkill, but this will be in Florida and the goal here is going green, not use of any fossil fuel energy. but I think that the 3rd option may be suitable for our needs.

Thanks for your input.

It seems overkill, but this will be in Florida and the goal here is going green, not use of any fossil fuel energy. but I think that the 3rd option may be suitable for our needs.

Thanks for your input.
Oh yes I think the third option is more than adequate.

Back