diy solar

diy solar

Which section for questions about Inverter/Chargers that can use but limit Shore Power.

ryankenn

I am in a seasonal RV park I love, but it has horrendous Shore power. Any load above about 8 amps results in voltage at the trailer below 105V, and that's with a Hughes Autoformer on it currently.

I want to have a small 3 panel solar array and battery bank supplement shore power through a device, that is able to limit my shore power to a fixed amperage and supplement the rest from solar and batteries under high demand, and charge them under low.

To date I don't exactly know how to describe that to search for it, but the GoPower Inverters and Victron MultiPlus seem to have that function, but there must be more out there. I watched the Bluetti video and the new AC300 also seems to limit shore usage but I haven't read more to see if it will supplement shore power past that setting, or if it exceeds your setting shifts fully over to batteries.

Should I be in the Grid Tie section?

Thanks!

Grid-Tie is two way interaction with the grid, i.e., sending power back to the grid. Connecting the grid to power an inverter is not grid tie.

Victron MP or MP-II can set an AC-in limit and then it can use PowerAssist to supplement AC-in with battery power should loads exceed AC-in limits. When loads are below limits, it will use excess to charge the batteries. I use the same on my Quattro because my generator is too small, and if we happen to use more than the generator can supply, it's good to have the Quattro supplement rather than overload the generator.

Firmware v485 and higher have most if not all MP/MP-II models able to specific 8A or less on AC-in.

Would stay far away from Bluetti. For the cost, they're pathetic toys.

Know nothing about GPower.

Right I forgot about that. So is the Victron the main brand for this function, nobody else offers a "PowerAssist" type feature. Also what section should I be in about this type of setup.

Grid-Tie is two way interaction with the grid, i.e., sending power back to the grid. Connecting the grid to power an inverter is not grid tie.

Victron MP or MP-II can set an AC-in limit and then it can use PowerAssist to supplement AC-in with battery power should loads exceed AC-in limits. When loads are below limits, it will use excess to charge the batteries. I use the same on my Quattro because my generator is too small, and if we happen to use more than the generator can supply, it's good to have the Quattro supplement rather than overload the generator.

Firmware v485 and higher have most if not all MP/MP-II models able to specific 8A or less on AC-in.

Would stay far away from Bluetti. For the cost, they're pathetic toys.

Know nothing about GPower.
Your good deeds on earth have not gone un-noticed by the high council.A bright future awaits.

Attachments

• A9E88AE3-02B5-4EC1-83E9-A8187BB84E61.jpeg
    A9E88AE3-02B5-4EC1-83E9-A8187BB84E61.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 3
Back