diy solar

diy solar

Which sub-forum for questions about 220V single phase or even 3-phase inverters?

445supermag

I thinking about a non-grid connected system for backup, one of the main things I would want to power is our well pump which is 220V single phase. I've also been toying with the idea of a 3-phase system for my big equipment shed, it only has an underpowered 110v line, and we have no 3-phase anywhere near. I'd like to be able to run 3-phase metal working machines, but the power company wants crazy money to run 3-phase out there. Which sub-forums would be my best bet for these sorts of questions? Thanks.

Are you looking for U.S. 240 volt split phase? If so you can do it fairly reasonable. The three phase will cost you a lot and still won’t have the motor starting amps you will be looking for. You might look into motor generated addaphase power from 240 volt split phase.

You might want to look at 3 phase inverters. Just oversize them to handle motor starting loads.

sigineer offers 208 3 phase inverters from 4w up to 18kw or so but you would need a honking big battery bank to run it for very long. I looked into them for the same reason and the math just did not work out. it was cheaper to buy a used 3 phase diesel genset then to try and run it all off of solar.

Back