Who's in the UK and Ireland?

CHRIS. Nas4

£314.20 3%OFF | 4pcs LiitoKala 3.2V 105Ah 200Ah 280ah 310Ah 320ah LiFePO4 battery 12V battery Lithium-iron phospha Can make Boat car battery
And they have stock in Germany, 4x320ah £527.28 delivered brilliant! I'll let you know how long they take to arrive.

Tino

Ordered 304ah CATL ones and a JBD so just a long wait now but so far so good.

alcina

In London. I took the plunge in July and bought 4 x 105ah cells for £150 including VAT and delivery. They took 3 months to arrive from China and there were no additional fees. They tested at 88ah so not a great first experience of buying from China direct, but I've enjoyed seeing what I can do with that 12v LiFePO4 pack compared with some similarly sized lead acid batteries I have lying around. Lithium is definitely better for driving the 12v fridge and the small 1000w inverter. I've just pulled the plug on 8 x 230ah cells from a different seller to make a 24v pack. These are supposed to be coming from Italy and therefore I wasn't charged VAT on the website. Let's see what happens at customs!

kuranaga

Solar Enthusiast
Sorry I don't know what I was thinking - the 24V power supply won't be able to do your top balancing. You'd need one about 3.5V of course. I've got a 5V one here I'm going to see about extending the adjustment to 3-3.5v by replacing the variable resistor used to control the voltage. I've seen it done on a smaller one on YouTube. I'll find out I suppose.
put it in series with two Si diodes, they have about 0.7V each voltage drop

kuranaga

Solar Enthusiast
ps do you have any sun in the UK? I was always thinking the country is virtually sun-less

jamiegreen

ps do you have any sun in the UK? I was always thinking the country is virtually sun-less
It's not all that bad, albeit not quiet like over the pond or anything, but still enough to make solar more than worth while.

squowse

Solar Enthusiast
put it in series with two Si diodes, they have about 0.7V each voltage drop
What current can they handle? There's about 140 Amps peak. I doubt they could handle that. The power supplies are adjustable to 3.65V so no problem with voltage anyway.

kuranaga

Solar Enthusiast
h
What current can they handle? There's about 140 Amps peak. I doubt they could handle that. The power supplies are adjustable to 3.65V so no problem with voltage anyway.
he is taking about top balancing... another one not reading the thread? I doubt he will do 130Amps!

squowse

Solar Enthusiast
h

he is taking about top balancing... another one not reading the thread? I doubt he will do 130Amps!
"He" is me. I'm talking about top balancing with a 140A charger. There's no need to be rude. How much current can your diodes take? Most people will be using less current for top balancing. But they'll have the variable voltage power supplies so woulddn't need diodes

kuranaga

Solar Enthusiast
"He" is me. I'm talking about top balancing with a 140A charger. There's no need to be rude. How much current can your diodes take? Most people will be using less current for top balancing. But they'll have the variable voltage power supplies so woulddn't need diodes
then use a smaller power supply. you make problems where is none. will just take 3 days instead of one, what is the problem

squowse

Solar Enthusiast
then use a smaller power supply. you make problems where is none. will just take 3 days instead of one, what is the problem
What are you on about? I have a perfectly functional high current charger. Why are you wading in talking about diodes and other random misunderstandings?

kuranaga

Solar Enthusiast
What are you on about? I have a perfectly functional high current charger. Why are you wading in talking about diodes and other random misunderstandings?
because it is necessary to talk about diodes!

squowse

Solar Enthusiast
you can easily get 200A diodes, maybe €15 per piece. if you add a good heat sink, no problem to take 140A. look at mouser.com
So why do I want to spend £30+ heatsink etc on something to burn off excess electricity? I can just adjust the power supply down. The power supplies only cost about £30.