diy solar

diy solar

Whose at the highest / lowest latitude

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
I was reading schmism's post about the cold, and I sure don't miss the cold weather despite the increased efficiency.

It occurred to me that @upnorthandpersonal was probably thinking 10°F... how balmy... wait until it hits -40°F ?

But then wondered who has the biggest bragging rights for latitude? Obviously not me at 25°N. Is it you?
If so, let us know whose closest to the north (or south) pole.

Last edited:
It's so cold here this morning (55°F) that the leaves on the trees are literally shaking.... oh wait... no... that's just the breeze. ?
The heat came on again, that's the second time this year! Before you hate me, remember the flip side (ref)

I live at 6000' elevation and camp at 9000' elevation. Does that count?

Yes, I know the difference between elevation and latitude.
yikes_anim.gif

My earlier life was 43N before I defected from Wisconsin as a climate refugee. Currently at 30N and ain’t ever going back.

Maybe I made a mistake by moving to south Texas, we even got a couple of freezes already and December isn’t over yet. Belize is sounding really good now.

Maybe I made a mistake by moving to south Texas, we even got a couple of freezes already and December isn’t over yet. Belize is sounding really good now.

I lived in Houston for 13 years. No way I'm going back there to live. The last summer I was there, I knew it was time to go when mowing the lawn I used twice as much Gatorade as gasoline.

41 degrees 34 minutes N - 124 degrees 4 minutes 12 seconds W
The Westernmost point in the lower 48 is 124 degrees 44 minutes W only 39 minutes and 88 seconds farther West. Anybody farther West than us in the Lower 48??

We are 40 miles EAST of the Westernmost point.

Last edited:
Wow... that's the wild west! 80.4473° here... so not even close....

I’m someplace about 57-58 degrees north but varied between sea level and 2000+ ft above sea level. North east of Scotland
I spend the winters in the mountains and it can be -20c. I’ve seen it at -15c at midday at times

I am not the lowest in latitude but here is the specifications for me:
Latitude: 16°52′10″ N
Elevation above sea level: 113 m = 370 ft

Living @ 49.66N.
My littla cabin on the lake 54.86 N

46.05 Latitude -106.14 Longitude If you try to follow the power lines to my house you will never find me, cause there isn't any :ROFLMAO:
BTW we have hit -40 degrees here with -60 wind chill of 20 mph.

64.0601° N, 139.4320° W Yukon Territory. The coldest I ever experienced was 1979 cutting firewood and sheltering in a canvas wall tent and one night it got down to -62C. woke up every 4 hours due to the cold and added wood to the tin stove we had in the tent. The wood heater was generally referred to as a hippie killer due to it's tendency to take off and get literally red hot.

Back