Why Choose LiFePo4 Batteries Rather Than Lead Acid Batteries ?

Ruby Qiao

LiFePo4 Batteries & Lead Acid Batteries.jpg
1.Longer battery life – 5000times life cycle @60%DOD, 5 times more than lead acid batteries
2.Low self-discharge <3.5% per months
3.Free of charge memory
4.Steady discharge and charge performance.
5.Outstanding thermal stability
6.Wide temperature performance
7.Short circuit protection
8.Over charge and over discharge protection
9.Over current protection
10.Easy carrying and installation - can be carried and installed in any direction
11.Fast charging - about 4~6 hours to be fully charged
12.Lighter weight - 1/2~1/4 in weight compared to LA batteries
13.Require no change to a lead acid battery charging system
14.Better safety - mild warm, no explosion and firing, free of leakage
15.Environmentally friendly - no poisonous lead, no acid, no heavy/rare metals
16.No gasses during charge, free of leakage and pollution

If you want to know about solar energy or energy storage batteries in the future, I would be happy to communicate with you at any time:)
E-Mail: sales@junleepower.com
Whats app/wechat: +8618925557381
www.junleepower.alibaba.com
www.junleepower.com

NMNeil

Solar Addict
Yes, lithium is far better than lead in everything except availability.
Drive to my local big box store and buy golf cart batteries for $89 each. Pay for them and have the staff load it into my truck.
Order LiFePo4 cells direct from China, pay up front and then wait, and wait, and wait, and hope you get what you ordered.

OnTheRoadAgain

Solar Addict
Ok, I know of at least one advantage that Lead acid has over LiFePO4.......

Lead acid is best stored at full charge, so always ready for immediate use at any time.
LiFePO4 should be at 50% to 75% when not actively using them, so they need topping up to provide full capacity before use.
That said, LiFePO4 can usually provide more watt hours from half charge than most common 12v LA batteries :cool:

Unless you have a large bank of Lead Acid batteries and a small bank of LiFePO4.
Right now to get true, usable 100Ah of lead acid batteries at 50% discharge is about $200
Pretty cheap but 5 years or 500 cycles and you'll be at less than 80% capacity depending.
But who fully cycles their batteries that often? If you do you might want to up your capacity a bit.

wattmatters

Solar Enthusiast
I couldn't justify spending the 3-4 times the $ on Lipo when I could get a decent sized 48V SLA bank to do exactly what I needed, backup power to provide grid outage coverage.

OnTheRoadAgain

Solar Addict
I couldn't justify spending the 3-4 times the $ on Lipo when I could get a decent sized 48V SLA bank to do exactly what I needed, backup power to provide grid outage coverage.

I can't help but believe that eventually....some day.....the price of those batteries will come down.
There's nothing really special about the raw materials, it's just that the demand for it is just really ramping up with all the demand for EV's

Cobalt is the real price pusher upper of "lithium" batteries.

As mining operations expand and more of it comes to market, the prices should come down. Also, other countries need to start making them as China has a grip on their production currently for the most part. I hear Tesla is consuming most USA domestic production but not sure.

5 years from now I predict 272Ah of LiFePO4 will be about $300....or closer to $1 per amp hour.
All bets are off if we enter a war or have a global natural (or man made) disaster.

Cidpineda

Yes, lithium is far better than lead in everything except availability.
Drive to my local big box store and buy golf cart batteries for $89 each. Pay for them and have the staff load it into my truck.
Order LiFePo4 cells direct from China, pay up front and then wait, and wait, and wait, and hope you get what you ordered.
TRUE TRUE

boondox

Chief Engineer, RedNeckTech Industries
There is no one size fits all battery solution. Lithium batteries have advantages in some situations but not all. Cold is one example. They aren't the best stating battery either, they don't have as much CCA and don't like being kept topped up. No one lithium chemistry is the best, LFP would be too big for your cell phone. Some lithium chemistries are more susceptible to fire. Me, I have many different battery types in use, each to their best application. Lithium is fabulous and I love it but it isn't the single solution.