diy solar

diy solar

Why is it so damn hard to put your location in the subject line?

On another forum I'm on, you can't post a "for sale" thread without a price. "Best offer" posts get deleted.

As little information as I see in some of these "for sale" posts, you would think that they aren't serious about making a sale.

On another forum I'm on, you can't post a "for sale" thread without a price. "Best offer" posts get deleted.

As little information as I see in some of these "for sale" posts, you would think that they aren't serious about making a sale.
Agree.... 100% At least on panels, a location should be required... it would save a lot of people a lot of time... I'm headed to Vegas this week, would be cool to be able to quickly scan to see if anyone had panels for sale in Vegas but I'm not going to waste my time opening every ad and hoping then emailing when they don't even bother including a city.

AGREED! Batteries and panels and anything big and heavy should be required to list a location.........If not, we should Drag'Em!

Item - specs - location - price/qty

Examples:
LifePO4 - 280ah - NC, USA - $1k/ea.
Sunpower 305W Raleigh NC $10k/10
Mppt 30a 12/24V - ships USA - $1k obo

Most people aren't salespeople. They don't know to do things like that. I feel your frustration, though. Hopefully this will help the uninitiated.

Just to add to that, putting your location in your profile helps in making responses more relevant. I have to remember everytime I respond that the poster may be in a different country with a different market and different voltage, phase and Hz. In many cases I have to ask a bunch of questions before I can even understand the context.

Let's just have an official policy, no location or shipping information means it ships for free or you're banned! :LOL:

Agree.... 100% At least on panels, a location should be required... it would save a lot of people a lot of time... I'm headed to Vegas this week, would be cool to be able to quickly scan to see if anyone had panels for sale in Vegas but I'm not going to waste my time opening every ad and hoping then emailing when they don't even bother including a city.
Craigslist is a good way to find panels in a given area.

Back