diy solar

diy solar

Why is it so hard to get the right fuse?

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
The future has a problem with fuses...must be all those superconductors...

nyqwi.gif

When was the last time you noticed a fire extinguisher on the bridge? So, no OSHA in the future...

Tech support in the future will be the same as it is now...
b2ap3_large_Page-6-Image-7.jpg

Last edited:
Superconductors Vs. Ohm's law
For V=IR, if R goes to zero, then V is always zero. If there's no voltage delta, how can electrons even move? :cry:

For V=IR, if R goes to zero, then V is always zero. If there's no voltage delta, how can electrons even move? :cry:
Since voltage is the pressure needed to push past resistance, ALL electrons move with zero resistance… cause as the borg pointed out…
Resistance is futile…

I'm mad that this makes sense at face value.

But it's a fun way to illustrate the shenanigans of the matter.

But if you just eliminate R by literally removing resistance from the equation does V=I then?

I hope I come across another electrical instructor in the future to annoy them with that line of reasoning.

I'm mad that this makes sense at face value.
Sorry about that... There is still resistance in the circuit and therefore voltage drop - but it's in the device not the superconductor.
If there wasn't resistance in the device then the current would pass through without doing any work (e.g., no photons emitted from diodes).

Last edited:
Sorry... There is still resistance in the circuit and therefore voltage drop - but it's in the device not the superconductor.
If there wasn't resistance in the device then the current would pass through without doing any work.
Nope. Zero resistance electrons go brrrrrrrr

Jokes aside though if you set up a current in a superconducting ring and isolate it, the current just keeps on keeping on.

And if it suddenly becomes non-superconducting then it coincidentally becomes very very hot if the current was high enough.

I mean in reality there are areas where the resistance isn't truly zero but damn close.

Full disclosure I have zero actual experience with this stuff I just read a lot of stuff that will never apply to me.

Nope. Zero resistance electrons go brrrrrrrr
Talking about the device, not the conductor. A device must have resistance in order to do work.

... if you set up a current in a superconducting ring and isolate it, the current just keeps on keeping on....
The electrons were put into a state of motion by the initial voltage (what you call the set up). In Newton's first law, an object will not change its motion unless a force acts on it. Normally it's wire resistance applying the opposing motion. But even if there isn't resistance in the conductor, such a ring would still have inductance working against it.

No device.
Definitely not on the same page, but don't worry about it.

You do realize you're posting in the humor section right?
My mistake, there's so much inaccurate science fiction... thought I'd help eliminate it ... to that endeavor...

...Only infinite current.
Couldn't be infinite current, induction would limit it.

Dilithium crystals do what they want.
Kirk wants more power...
95774c45b73bdcbe5b98566864498f10.jpg

Kind of like my dog, don't go in the kitchen, puts up barrier, finds dog in kitchen.

Back