diy solar

diy solar

Why negative side battery 1 out of 4 drains faster

Mr. Picker

I started out with 2 batteries and noticed negative side going to inverter drained faster. Maybe that's the way the power flows?? Anyway updated to 4 like batteries lifepo4 100ah hooked up series parallel and victron 100/20 controller
Today after minimum use 80% 82% 79% and negative going to inverter 30%

Charger hooked up to leads inverter hookup up to 8 AWG battery 2/0

Why draining just one battery?

Attachments

• 20211204_085258.jpg
    20211204_085258.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 11
Because you have connected them improperly:

1638756288213.png

By connecting to the same string, loads/sources favor that string.

Need to move the (+) to other string.

Interconnects should be ON the battery terminals, not on top of the cables.

1) what is the % SOC when the SCC says the charge is complete?
2) Did you top off all 4 batteries before you wired them together? If they don't start with the same SOC.... they will always show a difference.

BTW, you should move the negative wire from the SCC and the big negative wire for the load to the top negative post of the battery on the top right battery so the batteries will all see the same wires' resistance.

Is the gizmo on the positive wire between the solar charge controller and the battery an auto-resetting circuit breaker? It looks kind of beat up. Are you sure it is rated for the number of amps that the solar charge controller will put out? I would rather see a good quality breaker in there that requires a manual reset.

BTW, you should move the negative wire from the SCC and the big negative wire for the load to the top negative post of the battery on the top right battery so the batteries will all see the same wires' resistance.
Wouldn't that be the same as I had both at bottom.

Is the gizmo on the positive wire between the solar charge controller and the battery an auto-resetting circuit breaker? It looks kind of beat up. Are you sure it is rated for the number of amps that the solar charge controller will put out? I would rather see a good quality breaker in there that requires a manual reset.
Just wrapped up in black tape REALLY GOOD Brandie new 40amp..

Ya well this started as a $750 kit minus batteries. And now into project for triple. With 10x14 insulated shop to protect the batteries inside insulated box on Facon pad heaters. And running diesel heater CHINESE freaking love it.. low amp draw

Attachments

• 20211206_142342.jpg
    20211206_142342.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 4
Back