diy solar

diy solar

Why should my battery voltage shake this much in midnight

Usangira

Hi,

I am in Dar es Salaam. With such stable weather in past few months.

I am wondering why should my battery voltage shake in such a way as in the attached screenshot.
It is almost midnight...we are asleep with only security lights remaining ON.
I have several LED security lights which remain ON until 7 am.

So what may be shaking my voltage this much ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210906-235300.png
    Screenshot_20210906-235300.png
    216 KB · Views: 39
The fluctuation is very small, about 100mV.
Are the LED security lights Motion activated or they are just stay on as long as the power switches are turned on?
Are the LED security lights running on Inverter?

The fluctuation is very small, about 100mV.
Are the LED security lights Motion activated or they are just stay on as long as the power switches are turned on?
Are the LED security lights running on Inverter?
These are normal lights. They stay on throughout the night

Are there any lights that may be turned on and off during the night? Maybe to get up and go to the bathroom or get a drink.

What kind of equipment is giving you those test results in the app?

Why are the power readings at zero if you have lights on?
What does it look like during the day?

I have a simple battery capacity monitor which has got Bluetooth capability.
I'm wondering if it could be an issue with the voltage sensing circuit. It sounds like if there were no other loads, it would have to be a sensor problem, or a load you don't know about.

So, what posseted you to be up in the middle of the night looking for 100mv? That could just be the A/D toggling between bits. I like that meter but it has some software issues. Be very careful of these meters when you measure panel voltage with them. A slow rise in voltage drives them crazy and besides locking up, they will reprogram themselves. I had to get the procedure to recalibrate them from the factory when they did that. I now use a relay to get them thru that 17V danger range. That meter is only $14. Don't expect 6.5 digit performance.

Last edited:
Back