diy solar

diy solar

Will, Delta Pro claims you refused to review the new Delta Pro... is this true?

Any news on a review of the Delta Pro? I want to get a unit with more battery than our AC200P - and I'm on the fence between a Delta Pro or AC200 Max or AC300.
Include me, also looking at the Titan! I was on Costco web site and seen the Delta Pro for less than $2,900

I love the discussion about NMC. I totally agree about choosing LiFePo4 if you have no reason at all to use NMC for its lighter weight and higher density. In fact I have done some NMC projects of which I will do LiFePo4 next time.

However, treating NMC like a scary thing is a bit silly when you know that most consumer electronics, ranging from mobile phones to e-bikes to cars all use NMC.
And yes, that sometimes goes wrong, vids of a Samsung phone or some EV that caught fire. But that is nothing compared to billions of devices using NMC chemistry without problems.

What sealed the deal for you?
Hearing that Delta Pro (Eco Flow) has good customer support. Bluetti has been OK for me with e-mailed responses, but I have really had no issues. At the same time the communication seemed like I wasn't sure they really understood what I was asking at times. I worked with them to figure out how a B230 would work with our AC200P, which is not very well. But it took a while for them to understand what I was looking for.

Hearing that Delta Pro (Eco Flow) has good customer support. Bluetti has been OK for me with e-mailed responses, but I have really had no issues. At the same time the communication seemed like I wasn't sure they really understood what I was asking at times. I worked with them to figure out how a B230 would work with our AC200P, which is not very well. But it took a while for them to understand what I was looking for.
I will note that I live only a few hours away from EF's service center. So it only took 1 day to ship my old unit to them. To their credit, they shipped out the replacement unit the next day from their west coast warehouse in CA. They also have an east coast warehouse in NJ, if you live near that side of the country.

Would love to hear about your experience once you've made the purchase. I really want to buy the Titan...but the Delta Pro and Bluetti AC300 is in the way. I really think the Titan is still the top dog with the exception of the battery chemistry.

Would love to hear about your experience once you've made the purchase. I really want to buy the Titan...but the Delta Pro and Bluetti AC300 is in the way. I really think the Titan is still the top dog with the exception of the battery chemistry.
The Point Zero Titan? Why is that your top choice? I don't have any personal experience with it, but just looking at it on their website, it doesn't seem that much better than a DIY system. For example, it doesn't have any more advanced features like remote monitoring, app control, configurable charge rate, split phase capability etc.

The Point Zero Titan? Why is that your top choice? I don't have any personal experience with it, but just looking at it on their website, it doesn't seem that much better than a DIY system. For example, it doesn't have any more advanced features like remote monitoring, app control, configurable charge rate, split phase capability etc.
Yes. I’ve read and seen good reviews. But, I haven’t purchased that’s why I’m here nosing around and seeing what others are deciding. I’d love to hear your thoughts on my other 2 choices?

Yes. I’ve read and seen good reviews. But, I haven’t purchased that’s why I’m here nosing around and seeing what others are deciding. I’d love to hear your thoughts on my other 2 choices?
Well I already have a few EcoFlow products and have had good experiences with them. And as you saw in my post earlier, when I had a catastrophic failure with one of my units (my own fault), EF support came through and got a brand new replacement to me quickly. I've actually just ordered a Delta Pro and 2 Extra Batteries, which should get here on Monday.

I don't have any direct experience with Bluetti. They seem like they have some cool products, but I've now heard from several people that their customer support is lackluster. I've also read that they didn't handle the TT-30 reverse polarity issue well, and was deleting posts and banning people in their Facebook group who spoke out about it. Oh, and they got in trouble with UL for claiming UL listed, but without actual UL certification (see picture). Last I heard, they were not shipping their units with the proper lithium ion safety labels on the shipping boxes. At least one user, who was an engineer and had safety concerns, reported them to the CPSC. But I'm not sure what came out of that. In any case, this is mostly 2nd hand information. And it seems like most users who didn't need to contact support are fairly happy with their products. But I've seen enough that personally I just stick with what has worked well for me so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 16
Well I already have a few EcoFlow products and have had good experiences with them. And as you saw in my post earlier, when I had a catastrophic failure with one of my units (my own fault), EF support came through and got a brand new replacement to me quickly. I've actually just ordered a Delta Pro and 2 Extra Batteries, which should get here on Monday.

I don't have any direct experience with Bluetti. They seem like they have some cool products, but I've now heard from several people that their customer support is lackluster. I've also read that they didn't handle the TT-30 reverse polarity issue well, and was deleting posts and banning people in their Facebook group who spoke out about it. Oh, and they got in trouble with UL for claiming UL listed, but without actual UL certification (see picture). Last I heard, they were not shipping their units with the proper lithium ion safety labels on the shipping boxes. At least one user, who was an engineer and had safety concerns, reported them to the CPSC. But I'm not sure what came out of that. In any case, this is mostly 2nd hand information. And it seems like most users who didn't need to contact support are fairly happy with their products. But I've seen enough that personally I just stick with what has worked well for me so far.
That don’t sound good at all for Bluetti. I have a AC200P and really like it, just need more power. Have you seen that Costco has the Delta Pro for $2,849?

That don’t sound good at all for Bluetti. I have a AC200P and really like it, just need more power. Have you seen that Costco has the Delta Pro for $2,849?
Yep, that's a good price for a new unit, especially since you can get 2 years of extra warranty with the Costco credit card. EcoFlow also sells their certified refurbished units on their eBay store (ecoflowdirect), which comes with the same 2 year warranty as the new units, and at a significant discount. I believe the Delta Pro refurb is $2799 and Delta Pro Extra Battery refurb is $1999 right now.

Yep, that's a good price for a new unit, especially since you can get 2 years of extra warranty with the Costco credit card. EcoFlow also sells their certified refurbished units on their eBay store (ecoflowdirect), which comes with the same 2 year warranty as the new units, and at a significant discount. I believe the Delta Pro refurb is $2799 and Delta Pro Extra Battery refurb is $1999 right now.
Would you think that Costco is selling refurbished? My question is why is Costco selling for so much cheaper than Eccoflow, the manufacturer? Do you suppose that from Costco there selling prototypes or are they the same as from Eccoflow?

Would you think that Costco is selling refurbished? My question is why is Costco selling for so much cheaper than Eccoflow, the manufacturer? Do you suppose that from Costco there selling prototypes or are they the same as from Eccoflow?
No, Costco is selling new retail units. The not-so-secret is that it doesn't matter where you buy EF products from, they all ship from EF's warehouses :) Costco doesn't normally carry EF products year around. When they do have them (seems to be about once a quarter or so), it's because EF want to run a promotion through Costco.

Costco sells at a fixed markup, and in many cases they demand concessions from their suppliers for bulk purchases. As I understand it they don't pay their supplier until the product sells.

Ecoflow direct is selling at their MSRP, or a small discount 'on sale'. They leave room for promotional discounts, reseller profit, and affiliate programs.

And yes, they sell refurbs at their outlet here: https://ecoflow.com/pages/refurbished

If you sign up for their newsletter they give you a $50 discount coupon. Not so much help on a $3K unit, but on a $800 one it makes a difference.

Last edited:
I would like to be able to run our well pump, which is listed at 230 V on the side of it. If we had two Delta Pro's would they do it?

No, Costco is selling new retail units. The not-so-secret is that it doesn't matter where you buy EF products from, they all ship from EF's warehouses :) Costco doesn't normally carry EF products year around. When they do have them (seems to be about once a quarter or so), it's because EF want to run a promotion through Costco.

From Costco web site the max PV is 1200w and on Eccoflow its 1600w

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 3.36.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 3.36.02 PM.png
    384.8 KB · Views: 10
I would like to be able to run our well pump, which is listed at 230 V on the side of it. If we had two Delta Pro's would they do it?
Yes, but you will need the Double Voltage Hub accessory:

Or their Smart Home Panel (which isn't available for sale yet, but will in March, I think).

From Costco web site the max PV is 1200w and on Eccoflow its 1600w
So, Costco's listing is actually wrong, probably lazy copy and paste error. They had an initial batch of prototype production that had 1200W max PV. That was sold through Costco I think in December. That initial batch is all sold out now. Anything available for sale now is the retail version, with 1600W max PV input. I and several people in their community have notified them of this error, but it doesn't look like they've gotten around to fixing it yet. I've seen confirmed reports from multiple people who bought the DP from Costco during the current promotion period, and they all got the retail version. You can tell by looking at the XT60 input port. The retail version says "15A", and the prototype batch says "12A".

Attachments

• 274693673_1583554192010365_7450606939332918882_n.jpg
    274693673_1583554192010365_7450606939332918882_n.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 6
Yes, but you will need the Double Voltage Hub accessory:

Or their Smart Home Panel (which isn't available for sale yet, but will in March, I think).

So, Costco's listing is actually wrong, probably lazy copy and paste error. They had an initial batch of prototype production that had 1200W max PV. That was sold through Costco I think in December. That initial batch is all sold out now. Anything available for sale now is the retail version, with 1600W max PV input. I and several people in their community have notified them of this error, but it doesn't look like they've gotten around to fixing it yet. I've seen confirmed reports from multiple people who bought the DP from Costco during the current promotion period, and they all got the retail version. You can tell by looking at the XT60 input port. The retail version says "15A", and the prototype batch says "12A".
Thank you so much for all your valuable input about the Delta Pro, getting from Costco sounds like a no brainer if someone (I) decided to go that route. If something wasn't just right you could just return (to the Store) for a replacement or refund within their refund period. Are you buying direct from Eccoflow or Costco?
BTW, I appreciate your time!

Thank you so much for all your valuable input about the Delta Pro, getting from Costco sounds like a no brainer if someone (I) decided to go that route. If something wasn't just right you could just return (to the Store) for a replacement or refund within their refund period. Are you buying direct from Eccoflow or Costco?
Exactly, you have 90 days return period with Costco, no questions asked. So if you are not happy, just bring it back to the store.

For the DP and EB, I ordered certified refurbished direct from EF (through their eBay store), mainly because the price was a bit lower when I ordered (they raised prices a bit in the last couple of days), and I was able to combine it with a couple of promotions through eBay and my credit card company. But I have bought EF products through Costco before :)

We have a 230V well pump (that's what the sticker on the side says). Realistically - if you had two Delta Pro's but no extra batteries, how long could you run the pump?

Back