diy solar

diy solar

will portable panels stay on the roof?

ruthiebaby88

Hello all,
We are happy with our Bluetti kit with 200p and 600w of solar panels. They give us enough power to work off the grid. We move them every hour or two to get the best sun. We are going hiking tomorrow though so won't be here to shift them. Has anyone tried leaving the portable panels laid out on the roof of your RV for a day or two? Are they likely to blow off or are they flexible enough to stay put? We couldn't find anything to tie them to. Has anyone figured out an ingenious system to attaching your portable panels temporarily to the roof while you are away? We hate to lose all that sun.

I do not have answer to your question, but I'm more worried about them being stolen.
That is a concern, have you heard stories of people having their panels stolen off of their roof? We are parked next to a trailhead perhaps that will help since there are a lot of cars coming and going from there - increased visibility?

I only use suction cups for temporary use, a day or two. Shifting temperatures will prevent longtime use.
We just want to use them for a day or two but will they stick to a rubber RV roof coated with elastomeric?

If the roof is not suitable you can always put one at each sidwall and a rope or chain in between to secure the panels.

Back