diy solar

diy solar

Will - Some fun EXPERIMENTS you might wish to consider with respect to those Bifacial Solar Panels?

HammerToe

Will, I watched and enjoyed your latest YouTube video posting entitled ‘Bifacial Solar Panels from Signature Solar’ and found it very interesting… The whole/basic idea that both sides of a panel could be used to increase the amount of power that – all other things equal – a solar panel could deliver at I had an IDEA that I thought you might wish to consider just for fun/to see what might happen IF…:

WHAT IF you could increase the REFLECTIVITY of the ground or/surface underneath/behind the solar panel and make it a lot more reflective regardless of its inherent natural color and texture and so on?

Here’s an idea I had: you can buy these ‘things’ called Space Blankets on Amazon for an extremely reasonable price. They are made of Mylar (extremely durable) and are extremely reflective you to a thin layer of aluminum being electro deposited on them. They are extremely inexpensive – you can pick them up on Amazon for about a buck apiece and I kind of wondered what might happen if… SAY… You took some of these things and simply laid them down on the ground underneath/behind the solar panels you are using in your video?

You could kind of try it out different ways, I suppose… ‘EVEN’. You could try varying the angle of the panel according to the time of day/latitude, you might potentially even consider trying to using some sort of spray adhesive about some of these panels on some flat pieces of wood or something (or perhaps even some/on the backside of some older panels that you might have lying around that were not working ‘even’ and, just for the fun of it, try to ‘beam’ additional sunlight onto both the front or (back; in the case of these new panels) to see what difference you might be able to get in terms of increased output from these and other solar panels?

Anyway, just thought I’d fly this idea by you. I had those kinds of panels lying around that you reviewed, this is something I would probably take a shot at just for fun.

Wondering what you think about this idea?

Oh, and by the way I just ordered for myself off of Amazon (in Canada) one of THESE: https://www.amazon.com/KANGneei-Lea...hild=1&keywords=ebc-a20&qid=1620126723&sr=8-3 ‘EBC-A02 Charge Discharge testers’ a couple of days ago. Got the idea from THIS GUY’S VIDEO How far to charge and discharge a LiFePO4 cell. Testing the full Charge and Discharge Curves. (Interesting and entertaining site that I watch regularly).

Tester does have its limitations in terms of ‘capacities’ (voltages and currents on both the charging and discharging side) BUT it was kinda neat and I decided to purchase one because of the PC software that was available for it. If you haven’t seen this video, you might wish to check it out.

i would think these work well in the winter in snow covered areas .lots of refection

maybe will needs a cold weather testing site next lol

will great video

Solar panels on north end of a white bottom swimming pool. Tilt panels so they catch light reflected off bottom of pool and not the sun directly. Pool water will absorb infrared light keeping panels cooler. Might work best(if at all) if shallow end of pool was pointed south, with panels at the deep end/north(slope to deep end). Panels raised above pool deck high enough so sides of pool don't cause a shadow on panels.

Has anyone done any tests on JUST the back of these panels? how much does the backside really generate compared to the front?

Back