diy solar

diy solar

Will the "Beginner Friendly All-in-One Solar Power System" trickle charge a Tesla? Help!

One cable regardless of color. Marking the ends with colored heat-shrink if you make the cables or using quality electrical tape is perfectly acceptable. If you have a bunch of black cable as others stated: marking the terminal ends is fine.

I would be ok with all black cables but I’d never use red for a neg(-) connection, and probably 100% would make up your circled series cables from black.

Electrically it doesn’t matter but for safety and ease of service purposes that’s what I’d do.
As always, you're the best! Got it!

Thank you
Don’t know if that’s true. I’m grumpy and don’t know that much

Thank you
Don’t know if that’s true. I’m grumpy and don’t know that much

Sorry, but you're way off! You, and the many others on this forum, have helped me along the way in doing this. Before beginning this project, I couldn't tell you what a 120 outlet was in comparison to a 240. Yep, that's me.

Here is the final result! How does it look?!

IMG_2141.JPGIMG_2140.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG
IMG_2140.JPG

Plugged in the Tesla and set it charge at 6amps. It took load--so far, at least--with ease.
Here is what my Growatt shows:

IMG_2143.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2148.JPG
    IMG_2148.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2149.JPG
    IMG_2149.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2150.JPG
    IMG_2150.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2151.JPG
    IMG_2151.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 3
Putting the batteries in a box to protect the terminals (+ and - of the batteries) would be even better and more beautiful.

Have you installed security devices? Fuse or breaker for batteries / PV and AC output?

Putting the batteries in a box to protect the terminals (+ and - of the batteries) would be even better and more beautiful.

Have you installed security devices? Fuse or breaker for batteries / PV and AC output?

That will be next. Now I have to figure out how to do that....
Enter sad laughter here.

:)

Noooo….
I forget sometimes that all the skills and natural talent I wish I had- other people have. And some of the skill and natural talent I have (and take for granted) other people do not necessarily have.

I’d rip it to size on a table saw, length cut my pieces on a powered crosscut/miter saw, and cut a bottom and top panel from the sheet. Then screw it together with predrilled holes using 1-5/8” ceramic coated decking screws. Use a piano hinge for said top; cut eased-edge exits for the cables or use bulkhead studs.

Well just buy a plastic dock box - that’s quicklier and less expensive
Or just a rigid plastic tote with a hinged top

Back