diy solar

diy solar

Will these work to monitor amperage usage to replace my Chargery meter?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9967
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9967

I read the manual for my Chargery BMS and it says not to use it on vehicles. As in not to be used while the vehicle is in motion as it was not designed to take the vibrations etc associated with being on a vehicle.

Ok so having said that. I have been looking at some inexpensive amp monitors.
It should not JUST tell me how much I am currently using. But ALSO tell me how much I have used so far. As in accumulative amps for the trip I am on.

I am going to list some links to some from Walmart. So if anyone has experience with any of these, then your input would be very valuable.

Of course, if anyone has ideas for OTHER products that will do the job, then please say so. Thank you.

I would need 100 amp, 24 volt monitoring meter.

Thanks again for everyone's help. :)

I would assume any of them would work. I havent gotten to that install yet myself but was looking at similar and those looked promising. Just they need to be installed properly.

I would assume any of them would work. I havent gotten to that install yet myself but was looking at similar and those looked promising. Just they need to be installed properly.
Um ok.

I clicked on the first one and I'm thinking that's not what you want. It's going to give you a report on what's happening at this time and how many watts have been consumed. But I don't think it's telling you a state of charge.

I have the Victron BMV-712. It knows what the Ah capacity of my battery is. It reads the power in/out using the shunt and can tell me I have xx% state of charge. Any monitor that doesn't know the capacity can't provide an accurate state of charge as far as I know.

I clicked on the first one and I'm thinking that's not what you want. It's going to give you a report on what's happening at this time and how many watts have been consumed. But I don't think it's telling you a state of charge.

I have the Victron BMV-712. It knows what the Ah capacity of my battery is. It reads the power in/out using the shunt and can tell me I have xx% state of charge. Any monitor that doesn't know the capacity can't provide an accurate state of charge as far as I know.
Exactly. But my limited knowledge of these things makes it difficult for me to choose.
I am also thinking of getting the juntek vat 1300 as well.

Alrighty then, sorry to have wasted your time but I was just trying to help since you didn't get any actual experience responses over the past week.

Alrighty then, sorry to have wasted your time but I was just trying to help since you didn't get any actual experience responses over the past week.
Some you can't help. It's their money let them learn the hard way.

Back