diy solar

diy solar

Will this device allow me to charge a 12 FLA from my 12V LFPO? (Time sensitive if anyone has a min. it would help tons)

Terrapin

The link to the v1deo showing it is below. If there is a recommendation that could be a substitute of better quality at maybe 60 buck I'd probably go that route Just for the sake of a protective cased unit for travel.

The purpose is to use a solar generators 280AH batteries to top off a trailers FLA 80AH single battery until I can refund for a lockable battery tongue box to house a new 100ah fortune battery I built already. The (new to us trailer needed axel alignment, bearings and breaks that we were not prepared for and the maiden trip is this weekend so I need an amazon prime solution for fast shipping. It was out of my hands far longer than intended so work is way behind. This is a quick fix till I rewire for the converter and lithium battery set up.

@snoobler, hey bud. I had asked about how to use a 12v LFPO to safely charge a 12v FLA on another post. One reply said I would likely need a Booster built into the charger. I can't find who that was to ask them if this was what was needed so I reposted this a while ago. I realize you can't speak for the quality of something you have not owned or tested. But I just need to know if I can temporarily use this to top off a camper battery with my 280ah lithium used like a solar charger. I do expect some losses but this is just a bandaid till I install the new lithium converter and battery in the rig. It needed a lot more pressing work when we got into testing the water system....and airconditioner...... yee freakin ha....

Someone with more experience than me please correct me if I'm wrong, but yes, you can buy a buck/boost converter and set it to the float voltage of your FLA (Around 13.5V)

Using a float voltage 24/7 without an absorption voltage (on a battery that is not already 100% SOC) is not good for a LA battery, as it will never reach 100% SOC. But it might serve your purpose temporarily.

Something like this should do if all you need is a couple of amps: https://www.amazon.com/DZS-Elec-Con...er&qid=1621722368&sprefix=buck+boost+&sr=8-13

Cheers

Someone with more experience than me please correct me if I'm wrong, but yes, you can buy a buck/boost converter and set it to the float voltage of your FLA (Around 13.5V)

Using a float voltage 24/7 without an absorption voltage (on a battery that is not already 100% SOC) is not good for a LA battery, as it will never reach 100% SOC. But it might serve your purpose temporarily.

Something like this should do if all you need is a couple of amps: https://www.amazon.com/DZS-Elec-Con...er&qid=1621722368&sprefix=buck+boost+&sr=8-13

Cheers
Thx. 3A could be a last ditch option. that other one was 15... that's closer to where I'd chose to be. Good to know that things like it will do the job.

Back