diy solar

diy solar

Will this setup work?

seiran5x5

I have 2 100 watt hqst panels that I will wire in series and a 30a Epever cc with a 100ah ampere time lifepo4 battery. I only want to supply power to my RV, I won't be using an inverter with this setup. Should I get a solar disconnect breaker for this? Do I need a 40a breaker between the cc and the battery? Will this work?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

So in series you will be looking at about 5 amps at 36 volts input. With about 15 amps at 13 volts output to battery. A means of disconnect is recommended before SCC. 40 amp breaker is probably overkill even if you plan to use the load connections at up to 30 amps. Only series panels if that is a MPPT SCC and not a PWM.

So in series you will be looking at about 5 amps at 36 volts input. With about 15 amps at 13 volts output to battery. A means of disconnect is recommended before SCC. 40 amp breaker is probably overkill even if you plan to use the load connections at up to 30 amps. Only series panels if that is a MPPT SCC and not a PWM.
Do I need a breaker between the SCC and battery and if so what amp? I thought the rule of thumb was 10a more than what the SCC was rated for.

It is typically factored in 25% higher, 30A of max charging current (if you plan to add more panels later on), so 30A x 1.25 = 37.5A so 40A I would use, and your wire will also need to handle 40A.

Do I need a 40a breaker between the cc and the battery
40A I would use, and your wire will also need to handle 40A
Bud- so he has one LiFePo 100Ah battery. Do the Class-T fuse recommendations for LiFePo apply or not apply?
(Working under the theory that SCC will not be the ‘fault’ creator of primary concern as it likely has an on-board fuse already so rapid discharge of the battery might be considered the primary concern)

You can use appropriate fuse or breaker to protect the wire from burning when fault occurs, you can also see that the rack mounted LiFePO4 battery pack also uses circuit breaker, you can see that on the front panel.

Do I need a mega fuse at the battery? If so how do I size it? I won't use an inverter but I plan to use a small fuse box to run a few pc fans to keep circulation going.

You can use appropriate fuse or breaker to protect the wire from burning when fault occurs, you can also see that the rack mounted LiFePO4 battery pack also uses circuit breaker, you can see that on the front panel.
What have I missed? I do not see this rack mounted battery pack.
Do I need a mega fuse at the battery? If so how do I size it? I won't use an inverter but I plan to use a small fuse box to run a few pc fans to keep circulation going.
Yes! We always need a catastrophic fuse at the positive battery terminal. With one 100ah LiFePo battery a Class-T fuse is maybe not needed, but pay attention to the interrupt capacity of the fuse you chose. MRBF fuses have a high rating but can be hard to mount on some of these small posts on LFP.

I am just giving an example of rack mounted battery pack, most of them have circuit breaker on the front panel.

Back