diy solar

diy solar

Will this wire fit my application

mjgonsow

Sorry for what is probably a very noob question, but would this wire work for me? I'm looking at running 2 arrays (120v/8ish Amps each) from my rooftop through the attic into my house to a Bluetti AC300. From what I understand I want it to be tinned and UV resistant, 10GA, if I'm missing something please inform me.

Link to wire: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XQKBWY...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Thank you in advance!

Pricy wire for a basic need. Any THHN or so wire would be fine. The wire needs to be run in conduit inside the attic and the house.

My experience buying wire from Amazon has always been poor as there are so many counterfeiters on there pitching "tinned copper" when in reality it's some cheap brass alloy. If it's PV cable, I get it from Wire & Cable Your Way. If I need stranded THHN, then I go to Home Depot and buy it by-the-foot. I do try to get high-quality MC4 connectors from Amazon, the ones using solid copper.

The windyNation solar wire lengths on Amazon is one I’ve been consistently been happy with.

Back