diy solar

diy solar

Will this work ? Please Help I have tried, but still struggling

McLovintime

Just, Beginning, I think these will these all go to together?

3 x Sunpower Solar Panels 380w
2 x 12V 100Ah 1280wh Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery LiFePO4 Rechargeable Deep Cycle
24V 230v MPPT Solar Inverter With 40A mppt Solar Charger Controller

I’m trying to achieve 450w-500w for 12 hours a day, about 6,000wh is what that I need. Thanks,Cheers for Any Help.

Last edited:
6000wh on a perfectly sunny typical day? What about the not so sunny days? Any need for power on those days? I ask because both panels and batteries need to be larger to cover no so sunny days.

6000wh on a perfectly sunny typical day? What about the not so sunny days? Any need for power on those days? I ask because both panels and batteries need to be larger to cover no so sunny days.
Yeh maybe use a bit even when not fully sunny, so I get 5.2 sun hours so one more panel and one battery, so have 3 x 450 and 3 Batteries would probably do it I think. Thanks

Without any specific rules, your battery needs to be 2 or 3 times what you would use in a day and panels need to be....say about to give you a full recharge in less than a day. 100ah x 25v is 2.5kwh on your battery. Your inverter being on with zero load will take a good part of that battery to be on overnight.

Back