diy solar

diy solar

Will this work?

Cargo

Newbie here. Ready to start ordering components. Will this work?

I’m building a cargo trailer to camper conversion. I would like to have 12v lights, 120v fridge, 120v window ac 6000btu and various outlets( a couple 120 and a couple 12v/usb)
I will be hooked to shore power 90% of the time we are camping but I love the idea of solar and possibly being able to camp primitive sites.

Here is what I would like to do…

30 amp breaker box > 1 circuit to window a/c & 1 circuit to outlets.

12v fuse panel to 12v fridge and 12v lights and outlets

Where would I put the all in one (mpp or growatt, etc)? Before the 120v breaker box?
In other words can I bring in through my 30amp inlet straight to the ac input on the aio and then out of the aio ac output to my 30amp breaker box?
Or should I run my 30amp inlet to my breaker box and then run one of the circuits to the A/C and the other circuit to the ac input of the aio?

Sorry if this is confusing…
Thanks for any advice!

Also

A 6k BTU air conditioner on a 12v AIO is going to be tight but if you can find an "inverter type" unit you can probably pull it off. Unfortunately 3kw AIO's are either 24v or 48v so you're going to need a converter to get your 12v stuff to work. Not hard, but plan for it and over size your converter.

In other words can I bring in through my 30amp inlet straight to the ac input on the aio and then out of the aio ac output to my 30amp breaker box?
Exactly how you would do that. ?

Set the AIO to USB and you should be good to go.

Back