diy solar

diy solar

Will's anti-crowdfunding video & Bluetti AC200

Leo3

Solar and Wiring Newbie
In Will's recent video he mentioned problems with the AC200. What are the problems? I haven't had a chance to really use mine but I'd like to know the issue(s) so I can see if I have them. I am thinking I can do some troubleshooting and see if my unit has the problems. Thanks!

Not sure about the AC200, but I'm having issues with the AC200P where my AC inverter is using up way more power than it should.

I posted this in the other AC200 thread, but cliffnotes: Using an Iceco GO20 portable fridge that draws between 40-60w when the compressor kicks in (confirmed with a killowatt meter), the display on the AC200P would show 100w+. I did a full discharge test overnight using only the fridge, and from 100% to 0% when the inverter auto-shut off, the kilowatt meter showed a total of only 840wh consumed.

I've emailed Bluetti support, and they told me they have an engineer investigating it, but I haven't heard anything more for about a week.

@///KM just curious if you’ve tried running the fridge on 12v to see what it draws? Or was this test thru the inverter?

I ran the fridge on 12V and it read correctly (60w max). I haven't done a full discharge test on DC though since I don't have a tool to measure wh on DC.

My Ecoflow Delta is the same. In a ~9 hour discharge test power delivered to my full-size Whirlpool refrigerator was only ~600 Wh. The rest of the battery capacity was used up by the AC inverter's self consumption.

Back