diy solar

diy solar

Will's "DIY 2000 watt, 24v Solar Power System w/ LiFePO4 Batteries"

TimC

WI/UP Border
In Will's DIY video and his web page, both links below, he recommends an Epever 40a charge controller in the materials list for this suggested system. If I go to the charge controller system information it doesn't list LiFePo4 as compatible with the charge controller. The video is a bit aged in solar terms and I'm wondering if the charge controller is a good choice with LiFePo4.

Thanks

https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/2000-watt-24v-solar-system.html

SCC or any other lead-acid charger do not need to list lithium to be compatible. Most SCC manufactured in the last 25 years can likely be made to work with LFP.

ANY SCC or other charger can work if it can be programmed to a bulk/boost/absorption voltage not to exceed 14.6V and a float voltage not to exceed 13.6V.

LFP is almost a drop-in replacement for lead-acid in terms of operating voltages.

Yeah I tried to use that charge controller, ended up sending it back, I was unable to change any of the parameters I needed for my 24 volt lifepo4 battery, I was in the user setting since it did not have a Lifepo setting...It kept kicking everything back to 12 volt parameters...So it's true about being hard to program...

Back