diy solar

diy solar

Wills new 440 video

Jah-de-blah-0m

Will's new video there's a 440 watt panel at the website it is $217 that would mean it's $0.49 a Watt.
That would be cheaper than San tan panels what am I missing doesn't seem to make sense.

Linky?
That does sound great. Can you make the array voltage workable for your SCC of choice?

Linky?
That does sound great. Can you make the array voltage workable for your SCC of choice?
I think max voltage is 40... I've got LV 2424... which requires minimum 30 volts so yeah... but I think I'm missing something with these panels bc the price doesn't make sense

440w - $217
250w - $55.

How is the 440w more cost effective?
San tan with shipping is 72 per panel if you buy 10... San tan is also used and has some degritation point is these 440 watt seem super cheap... when most new panels are .85 -95 cents a Watt... I've got 10 new powa 210 watt for 205 per panel...
These are 217 for 440 watt which would be the most cost effective panels

I think max voltage is 40... I've got LV 2424... which requires minimum 30 volts so yeah... but I think I'm missing something with these panels bc the price doesn't make sense
Thats a Voc of 49.2. How many panels were you going to use and how are you configuring your array?

Sorry for being lazy but what is the max input voltage of your LV 2424? We gotta fit the 49.2Voc safely within the bounds of the max input voltage is using more than 1 in series. If you know the MPPT range of the LV 2424, then we can try to optimize your array to hit that range too by arranging panels (if possible).

Even at $72 per panel and if the panel is at 230w, that's still $0.31/watt?

EDIT: Just to add, I bought 24 snail trail panels for $33.75/ea with $150 in shipping, so I paid $40 per panel and they output maybe 90-95% of what they should. Im very happy.

These are 217 for 440 watt which would be the most cost effective panels
Where are you located? If you post your city or zip code, maybe someone will chime in with a local deal or idea to get shipping out of the equation.

Its often REALLY easy to find big cheap panels on craigslist in your area.

Thats a Voc of 49.2. How many panels were you going to use and how are you configuring your array?

Sorry for being lazy but what is the max input voltage of your LV 2424? We gotta fit the 49.2Voc safely within the bounds of the max input voltage is using more than 1 in series. If you know the MPPT range of the LV 2424, then we can try to optimize your array to hit that range too by arranging panels (if possible

EDIT: Just to add, I bought 24 snail trail panels for $33.75/ea with $150 in shipping, so I paid $40 per panel and they output maybe 90-95% of what they should. Im very happy.
90 percent that's incredible...70 percent is what will was getting in direct sun... you managed to get more effeciency than new panels maybe you can share a video... good work

90 percent that's incredible...70 percent is what will was getting in direct sun... you managed to get more effeciency than new panels maybe you can share a video... good work

None the less it's still just 10 More cents per watt for a New panel which is why I am asking the initial question... that seems super cheap...

Sorry I should've been more clear, but when I said 90-95% of what they should output, I didn't mean STC conditions. On a really good day, im getting 180w. I've seen you should typically expect 75-80%, but im getting 70-75% output with dirt, dirt cheap panels.

Back