diy solar

diy solar

Will's recommended OverkillSolar BMS is Out of Stock. Any recommendations?

I bought an 8S 200A JK BMS with 2A balancing a bit ago, and have been testing it out on one of my two 8S battery packs. I've been a fan of the JBD / Overkill BMS (I bought one Overkill, and a total of 6 JBD) and still like them, but the JK is a bit better. Besides 200A current, it also has the Bluetooth built into the main board rather than a dongle.

Unfortunately, the model of JK that I bought (B2A8S20P) has been taken off the store page as they are about to replace it with a newer model. Sounds like the new one will look mostly the same and have the same specs, but will also have a heating control. If you want to check out the JK BMS's, they are in the Hankzor store on AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/911303103

EDIT: I somehow didn't insert the link to the store. Fixed it. Looks like the new one will be available in the next few days.

Last edited:
I bought an 8S 200A JK BMS with 2A balancing a bit ago, and have been testing it out on one of my two 8S battery packs. I've been a fan of the JBD / Overkill BMS (I bought one Overkill, and a total of 6 JBD) and still like them, but the JK is a bit better. Besides 200A current, it also has the Bluetooth built into the main board rather than a dongle.

Unfortunately, the model of JK that I bought (B2A8S20P) has been taken off the store page as they are about to replace it with a newer model. Sounds like the new one will look mostly the same and have the same specs, but will also have a heating control. If you want to check out the JK BMS's, they are in the Hankzor store on AliExpress:
Thanks! I'll check it out.

I ordered the 120A 8S 24V BMS. However, it looks like it's missing some wires and attachments that the Overkill BMS has. Unfortunately, China's International Labor holiday is from Apr. 30th to May 4th, so I can't ask JBD questions about the necessary items for this BMS for a few more days, and I'm limited to 40 characters in a note to them when they do become available again. Perhaps someone here can advise me.

Aliexpress JBD 8S 24V BMS (although not in this picture, the 8 cell wires are included):

H2ae29237f71747328b6b40d0896bd5e0O.jpg

Overkill Solar BMS:

8s100a8ga12mv.jpg

The JDB circuit board looks like it's missing a comm port connection. Do I need to get a different BMS, like a JBD Smart BMS (which only goes up to 100A on Aliexpress), so that I can attach a Bluetooth module or a UART box to change settings?

Looks like I need four 8 AWG wires, but an 8 AWG wire only handles 40A to 55A, so a total 80A to 110A capacity, when my BMS is 120A. There are only four holes, not six, in the circuit board for the 8 AWG wires, but there are more holes for smaller wires. Do I solder additional, smaller gauge wires to the circuit board so that the total wire capacity will exceed the 120A capacity?

Also, according to the product description, I'll need external temperature sensors, a switch control interface -- is that the Bluetooth module? -- and a detection light board.

1.Production Descriptions
①3-28S BMS for 3.2V Lifepo4 / 3.7 Li-ion battery
②Maximum continuous discharge current 120A
③Multiple charge and discharge protection functions
④Very low quiescent current consumption
⑤No communication like BT
⑥Built-in temperature sensor, external temperature sensor can be added
⑦Can add switch control interface (control charge and discharge)
⑧Equipped with equalization function (to ensure a certain pressure difference), the detection light board needs to be purchased separately

According to this web page, the Bluetooth module is available, or do I need the UART box and LCD UART port for this particular BMS?

I found the JBD external temperature sensor (select 1st item in the "Color" section). I'll need to buy four of these for two BMSs for two 24V batteries.

Can someone recommend where to get the detection light board compatible with this BMS on a budget? I can't find one with Aliexpress or Alibaba search.

Thanks.
Hello

-8 awg Wire they use are Silicon Wires, they can handle the current. Max 200 Amps, 100 amps continous (my testing). You can buy them in ali express.
-You dont NEED any extras for operation. everything needed is included. You can Add sensors, lights and other stuff. I dont.
-Seems you selected NO Bluetooth comunication. I do the same, I use stock profile.

Back