diy solar

diy solar

WILL'S VIDS: New DIY Milk-crate Power Centers.

Some really good comments on the second video, even a few safety tips. Hope will catches those for his next "Value Crate Build".
Poor guy, get's so many comments, it has to be a real bugger to go through them, don't envy him. it's a time killer LOL.

I was just thinking of taking this on as my first build. As I understand it, I can just wire in an "all in one" inverter like MPP Solar 1012LV and it will be ready to both charge the batteries via AC and solar as well as supply power via AC. Is that correct?

FOR Peoples Reference.

EVE-280AH cells, one set of 4 [:][:][:][:] cells = 11-3/8" / 28.8cm X 6-7/8 / 17.4cm [:][:][:][:]

Shame we can't squeeze 8 into a Milk Crate.

Shame we can't squeeze 8 into a Milk Crate.
Oh, but you CAN! My favorite supplier has rectangular crates... Interior Dims: 17.75 x 12 x 10.3"

Oh, but you CAN! My favorite supplier has rectangular crates... Interior Dims: 17.75 x 12 x 10.3"

I like those but I don't think there is enough room for a compression fixture. I am using .5 inch plywood and threaded rods and the width exceeds 12 inches. And that's not counting the width of the nuts. I wonder what the load capacity is?

Personally I like these and these. They are the only crate I have found with a greater than 100 lb load capacity and enough room for a compression fixture. But they are a little big lengthwise.

Inside Height: 12"
Inside Length: 22"
Inside Width: 14"

I do think it's best to place plywood at the bottom to prevent flexing no matter what one chooses.

Back