diy solar

diy solar

Wind and PV Combination

Mike W

I have a 6.3kW Solar system connected to a Solaredge Inverter to a Tesla Gateway to Powerwall 2 to Load/grid with a 5kW export level all managed by the CT-Harvi and Eddi management system
I am planning to add a 10 kW Vertical wind turbine to this system.
I am happy with the Solar system during the summer but in the English winter the solar system just doesn't fulfill the demand and I am importing 10000kw to support the ASHP and home use.
I have had very little help from the Local MCS engineers due to them having no experience in the field of Wind and Solar combinations. So have had a steep learning curve to establish what I think I need to do to combine the two. But need confirmation from someone who has done this themselves.
The Plan is to keep the solar system as it is.
To Install the 10kW vertical wind turbine with 240v three phase system, to a controller with a dump load to regulate the turbine speed and alter it to single phase 240v DC, to a 12kW hybrid Inverter, producing 240v AC True Sine Wave, to its own Consumer Unit with an anti surge module, through to the main Consumer unit to connect to the load, Tesla Battery and grid Grid
Has anyone had a similar install, that can confirm that this is the best way forward or an alternative method to combine the two, which does not conflict with the Powerwall 2
Any help with this would be appreciated

As far as I know there has never been and currently is no viable VAWT on the market.

Not saying that there isn't one but to date all VAWT's are marketed by start ups "a revolutionary never before tried design" and have a pretty dubious track record of vaporizing and taking investors money with them.

Spend some time on this subforum looking for wind turbine success stories.

Last edited:
Back