diy solar

diy solar

Winston LiYFePO4 400Ah - has anyone reviewed them?

Adrian R

Hey guys,

I have been using these Winston 400Ah LiYFePO4 batteries in an 8s configuration with electrodacus bms for about 4 years now.

Some people say these are the Ferrari s of lifepo4 because of the added yttrium.

However they don't come cheap.

Has anyone reviewed them? Do you know if Will did a review about Winston?

They go as big as 1000Ah!

And 3C continuous discharge rate, with 10C max discharge rate, and 3C charging current!

Another interesting thing is the weight of the Winston battery: for example, the 280Ah EVE battery is only 5,200 kg, and 260Ah (less capacity) Winston battery is 8,900 kg!

Some people say this is because all components of Winston are thicker and heavier and therefore last much longer! Winston claims at least 8000 cycles ...

I only have Eve cells and so can not directly comment on the Winstons. However the video I have seen on severe testing was on Winstons and Sinopoly and they are tough as heck.
Testing Sinopoly cells
Winston tests

I hope this helps a bit. :)

Hey guys,

I have been using these Winston 400Ah LiYFePO4 batteries in an 8s configuration with electrodacus bms for about 4 years now.

Some people say these are the Ferrari s of lifepo4 because of the added yttrium.

And 3C continuous discharge rate, with 10C max discharge rate, and 3C charging current!

Another interesting thing is the weight of the Winston battery: for example, the 280Ah EVE battery is only 5,200 kg, and 260Ah (less capacity) Winston battery is 8,900 kg!

Some people say this is because all components of Winston are thicker and heavier and therefore last much longer! Winston claims at least 8000 cycles ...

They now have another version that is a "tad" larger . . . like 10,000Ah Winston.

Hey guys,

Have you had any experience charging your Winston cells in freezing temperatures? They claim to be able to charge down to -45c, but I can find no Independant verification of this so your experience would be of great interest. Thanks

No, I haven't.

I also heard that, because of the added Ytrium, they can perform well at negative temperatures, but I was never curious to actually test this

They now have another version that is a "tad" larger . . . like 10,000Ah Winston.
Sorry your link is broken, but here is a other one...

I am going to drop by and buy 16 of them....
Hey what is that sound?...shoot that is my wake up call :eek:

Considering there prices it will cost around 10,500 euro?
Educated guess.
Up to and incl the 700Ah cell the price per Ah is 1,147 euro
The 1000Ah is a bit cheaper per Ah: 1,110 euro

No Winston's but our very similar 4 cell 300Ah Sinopoly LiFePO4 battery pack has now survived 10 years of full time travel both powering the motorhome and starting the 3.9l turbo diesel engine often multiple times a day.
I perform an annual C/10 capacity test each November. Converted to Ah the capacity has reduced from the original 315 to just 299. I expect a few more years of usable life. ;)

The battery is located in the stairwell exposed mainly to the internal climate and has yet to approach freezing temperatures.

Back