diy solar

diy solar

Wire cutters

shorawitz

Solar Enthusiast
I couldn't find a better section in the forums to post this question, but what do others recommend for cutting 4/0 copper battery cables? It seems the one Will recommends only states it will cut up to 2/0 copper.

Will is busy with year end tax stuff, but he is planning a tool section of the forum soon. This will do for now though.

I saw the Milwaukee M18 ad popup on one of Will's videos, wow what a nice tool. Great for someone in the trades or someone that will use it often. Maybe Menards will rent them.

I saw the Milwaukee M18 ad popup on one of Will's videos, wow what a nice tool. Great for someone in the trades or someone that will use it often. Maybe Menards will rent them.
Hey have one at my electrical supply house...

Insane price... but if ya gotta have it...

Jealous, lock it up, Santa made need it. I'm sure it makes installing a 200amp house panel a snap.

Thank you! I came across these in my Amazon searching, but wasn't sure of the quality. The reviews on Amazon for most items seem misleading or not really useful. I was hoping to save a few $$ as I probably won't be cutting too many 4/0 cables (more likely 10 - 1/0.) I'll do some comparisons and see what sticks.

Tree loppers work well for bigger stranded copper and are cheap.
1577105112313.png

Attachments

• 2kwinverteraddedtowall.jpg
    2kwinverteraddedtowall.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 13
Back