diy solar

diy solar

Wire guage

Carmenb1059

I'm building the milk crate solar power system from the Will Prowse YouTube video and using it to power a teardrop camper. In his video he wires it with 10 guage wire but I'm unable to find it locally. Is it ok to use 8 guage instead

Just north of Pittsburgh - I checked a few auto part stores and they had everything but 10. I know I can get it from Amazon but I like to shop local if I can
10 awg is typically an electrical supply, hardware store or Big Box like Home Depot or Menards or Lowes or ...

Just north of Pittsburgh - I checked a few auto part stores and they had everything but 10. I know I can get it from Amazon but I like to shop local if I can
Oriley’s has most size battery cables.

Hardware store wire isn’t going to be very flexible, but it would work.

IMHO bigger wire is never gonna hurt anything.
8ga has a tad less voltage drop over its length as well. Though for a teardrop the distance isn’t very long.

For wiring in the teardrop locally sourced wire is often hard to acquire. I tend to use sheathed tinned marine wire in trailers, RVs, and boats: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NUYAIA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_W4PFFCJ0C2YXVP5AM38E?psc=1
That one’s yellow/red but I usually use black/red or black/white or the many-colored 8-conductor stuff.

Back