diy solar

diy solar

Wire ?s to battery and Anderson hookups and more

EddieM

Hi
I am working on my wiring plans for my battery boxes. will be making two of them over time Have a few ?s
Here is the plan does all this look right.
A 12 volt 100AH battery system with no inverter just 12-volt sockets. using an SKO Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery I ordered.

Will be ordering the recommended TEMCo 10 AWG/Gauge wire to go to the solar panels and crimp on my own solar connections.
Then the same wire with the solar connections coming out of the solar charge controller to hook to.

Then the same 10AWG size wire going out of the solar charge controller with an Anderson power pole plug on the end to plug into the box I am making.

? On the box I will have the other end of the Anderson power pole plug to plug into. My ?s here is going from this end of the plug to the battery with a fuse in between can I also use the same 10AWG size wire or should I use a 6AWG size wire here? So this would be the Anderson power pole plug to battery round to hook onto the battery.

Then I will wire in 3 cigarette plug sockets, one fast charge dual USB socket, a power switch, and a battery monitor gauge all with a fuse block.
? can I use 14 gauge wire for this for all the sockets and power switch and fuse block?

Then I can put on an Anderson power pole plug on the end of an AC charger 20amp to charge it from AC whenever needed.

I have all this sitting my amazon cart ready to buy but wanted to make sure this is the right wires to get.

Am I missing anything in this box build?
Thanks

What?
Can you draw a picture?
Can you list your Amazon cart?
What is it you're attempting to accomplish?

A couple of comments on top of what MoPat said.

IMO Anderson plugs are good for things that are not permanent that you can use quick disconnects for. I have a solar generator, about 100 ah Battery, that I set up if my power were to go out. I hook the panels up that way. I will also use them to add some ground panels onto my RV system. For my permanent panels on my RV roof I use MC4, definetly not Anderson plugs.

I would not use cigarette lighter plugs for anything unless an appliance I used came with that, like any of the electronic gadgets you’d get for your car that plug into a cigarette lighter. I’d use ANderson plugs instead.

Don’t forget to order the sleeves for the Anderson plugs. Keeps them together.

I always run the DC wire loss calculator for wire loss. 10 Gauge is probably OK, but check the distance of your run verse the solar panel. The same thing goes for the 14 gauge wire. For my RV battery, it’s good until you get to the far end end then the voltage loss gets too high. Same thing for the 6 gauge wire. Length, amperage, and voltage determines AWG for all wires.

THere’s a couple of types of fast charge, the fastest requires 24 volts, and will not reach that stage at 12 volts. It would be labeled as a 12/24 volt QC 3.0.

What?
Can you draw a picture?
Can you list your Amazon cart?
What is it you're attempting to accomplish?

I want to make a version of this,

Back