diy solar

diy solar

Wire size for inside battery box?

topperharley

Hi everyone,

Recently got my eve 200ah cells and preparing to make my batteries. I'm putting together 3 200ah batteries with the overkill 120a bms for use with a Victron multiplus 3000 watt inverter.

I want to make terminal posts on the top of the case for easier use and to better protect the cells and wiring inside the case. I have 4/0 cable to use to connect the batteries to the inverter, but I'm assuming i don't need them for inside. On 1 chart i was looking at, it said 2awg is good for 120a under 6ft, so I'm thinking 1awg will give me more than enough. This sound about right? Cable will probably be no more than 9in tops.

Also if anyone has good recommendations for terminals to install, that would be appreciated.

Oh and if anyone has thoughts on using a bus bar vs connecting batteries directly in parallel, would love to hear them.

Thanks!

I used 2awg for mine, same BMS. I think that's a pretty good capacity match to the 3 negative leads coming off the BMS (8 gauge I think). It doesn't really matter if they match, but they both need to move the same amps.

Back