diy solar

diy solar

Wire size

Traviss224

So I have a 6kw growatt split phase system. I originally wasn't going to hook up any type of grid power. After talking it over with the boss, she thinks we should go ahead and hook it up as backup just in case. Our power pole that runs shed/ barn is on one property and our house is on the other. (Next to one another) I don't want to have to install another power pole on the house property. What size of wire do I need to run from my 200 amp pole, 150- 200' to my solar shed? The manual shows a max input of 60 amp 240v for recharging batteries. Thanks all

Thank you for your quick response and help! Would this be an issue to run that far?

If you are charging batteries and carry the load you may see full amps but you can reduce the battery charge amps to control input amps. That is what I do to be able to charge from a small generator.

I hope to not need the grid but just in case..

I just saw it in the manual that it's adjustable. Thanks

So I have a 6kw growatt split phase system. I originally wasn't going to hook up any type of grid power. After talking it over with the boss, she thinks we should go ahead and hook it up as backup just in case. Our power pole that runs shed/ barn is on one property and our house is on the other. (Next to one another) I don't want to have to install another power pole on the house property. What size of wire do I need to run from my 200 amp pole, 150- 200' to my solar shed? The manual shows a max input of 60 amp 240v for recharging batteries. Thanks all
Always use larger than whats recommended if it will fit well in your set up.
you will never be sorry for having bigger wire than what everyone says is all you need..
Headroom is the magic stuff that makes things work better…runs cooler , helps in mishaps and if you upgrade it’s already there and in place…. Plus it looks cool….It sure beats replacing smaller wire or starting over…Always have some extra head room In everything you do in life ,especially in electrical stuff. I speak from a lot of experience with building homes , boats and giant PA systems.. the same applys to solar ……just my humble way of doing things..
Jim..

Thank you! I wouldn't have an issue going bigger. It's about $1200 to have a pole installed on that property. But the closest they can get the pole would be roughly 150' from the solar shed still.

What's the best place to get wire from?

Thank you! I wouldn't have an issue going bigger. It's about $1200 to have a pole installed on that property. But the closest they can get the pole would be roughly 150' from the solar shed still.

What's the best place to get wire from?
Lowes for me military discount

Lowes for me military discount
I have been happy with mike at Battery Cables USA . Go to “by the foot“ section… look at the Flex or the Ultimate Cable choices.
I went with double sized everything of the Flex . it’s all very good stuff that I got from 6ga to 4/0 .. high strand , 105C UL stuff.
but I’m sure there’s other good wire out there, . Price was very fair.

Thank you for your service

I will check them out.

Foreclosed houses lol! I might as well squat for a few months there while I'm at it lol.

I will check them out.

Foreclosed houses lol! I might as well squat for a few months there while I'm at it lol.
I think I will pass on the repossessed house Source of copper ..Someone still owns them .. it’s called the BANK, generally .. and they don’t have a good sence of humor… but then if it’s “Certain states“ they may just let it slide….haaa

I will check them out.

The money you save squatting can be put towards panels, inverters, cabling and the like.

Back