diy solar

diy solar

Wireless battery monitoring

This one is definately worth a look-see. Well built, It has worked reliably for me, and has excellent customer support. The designer (Raz), personally answers emails, and was quite helpful when I had some questions.

This one is definately worth a look-see. Well built, It has worked reliably for me, and has excellent customer support. The designer (Raz), personally answers emails, and was quite helpful when I had some questions.

Thanks. Nice piece of kit. I think the 60A might be a issue as I am reckoning the 3KW inverter will draw 100A+ on full tilt. I am fusing it at 200A

Edit.. Just seen there is a 500A version as well. That would do it!

I'm using Win10.
So do you have your solar install going to a desktop machine or is that a Raspberry Pi running Windows 10? I didn't know people were using Windows 10 on Pi that much, seemed like a tech demo for microsoft

So do you have your solar install going to a desktop machine or is that a Raspberry Pi running Windows 10? I didn't know people were using Windows 10 on Pi that much, seemed like a tech demo for microsoft
My system is a car stereo. Nothing to do with solar. I built and installed a mini-ITX PC in my car along with a ridiculously large and complex stereo and electronics (3kW inverter, other stuff). I just want the shunt to monitor my LTO and soon-to-be LFP banks I'll have running in parallel. The shunt will be in series with the subwoofer amplifier (12kW) and the battery. I'll run the software on the windows machine and 15.6" touch screen i have on the dash of my 2003 Nissan Maxima project car. I'm mostly only interested in watching current draw from the sub amp. It can pull around 1000 amps on power-hungry sine waves. But it'll be nice to monitor and log everything else with the software too.

My system is a car stereo. Nothing to do with solar. I built and installed a mini-ITX PC in my car along with a ridiculously large and complex stereo and electronics (3kW inverter, other stuff). I just want the shunt to monitor my LTO and soon-to-be LFP banks I'll have running in parallel. The shunt will be in series with the subwoofer amplifier (12kW) and the battery. I'll run the software on the windows machine and 15.6" touch screen i have on the dash of my 2003 Nissan Maxima project car. I'm mostly only interested in watching current draw from the sub amp. It can pull around 1000 amps on power-hungry sine waves. But it'll be nice to monitor and log everything else with the software too.
Well, you have opened my eyes to a world I didn't know existed, 1000 Amp stereos!! I want to hear what it sounds like. Also I have never heard of a car running Windows before either, so kudos, 2 for 1. Cheers for the explanation its good to learn new stuff

Well, you have opened my eyes to a world I didn't know existed, 1000 Amp stereos!! I want to hear what it sounds like. Also I have never heard of a car running Windows before either, so kudos, 2 for 1. Cheers for the explanation its good to learn new stuff
The recent Pi Windows development is cool and all, but SBC's are still a bit lacking in the hardware department for my taste. Maybe next year.

Back