diy solar

diy solar

Wiring accessories into all in one Portable power station.

Offroadsolar

Brand new to forum and Solar, sorry if I use wrong terminology and or have a huge lack of knowledge here.

There are a ton of information and videos out there about WHICH station/how much power, what products to buy for what needs ect.

But I cant find anything out there to help how to DIY wire/power your devices while off grid and using a portable all in one power station and its accessories and plugs (DIY plug/pigtails).

I have a inergy flex 1500 power station and solar panels. It has USB, USBC, 5.5mm X 2.5mm & cigarette DC ports as well as 6 AC plug ins.

How does one decide on which power source/output port to run devices on that do not have any of the above mentioned plugs? For example, I purchased two 12V DC LED light strips as well as another 12V DC LED light pods system that have bare wires at the end, Id like to keep them wired DC as apposed to splicing them into an AC adaptor plug and plugging them into the AC ports. Can I add my own pigtail and wire these off any of the DC ports such as the USB's or the 5.5mm X 2.5mm, or should I use a specific port, such as the cigarette lighter ports? I do know/think that USB's are almost all rated at 5V output, so that might not power these LED's? Next question is a DC refrigerator, Im assuming the best port to utilize is the cigarette lighter port since its 13.8V rated regulated, and quite possibly the only plugs these DC refrigerators come with?

thanks for any help.

Brand new to forum and Solar, sorry if I use wrong terminology and or have a huge lack of knowledge here.

There are a ton of information and videos out there about WHICH station/how much power, what products to buy for what needs ect.

But I cant find anything out there to help how to DIY wire/power your devices while off grid and using a portable all in one power station and its accessories and plugs (DIY plug/pigtails).

I have a inergy flex 1500 power station and solar panels. It has USB, USBC, 5.5mm X 2.5mm & cigarette DC ports as well as 6 AC plug ins.

How does one decide on which power source/output port to run devices on that do not have any of the above mentioned plugs? For example, I purchased two 12V DC LED light strips as well as another 12V DC LED light pods system that have bare wires at the end, Id like to keep them wired DC as apposed to splicing them into an AC adaptor plug and plugging them into the AC ports. Can I add my own pigtail and wire these off any of the DC ports such as the USB's or the 5.5mm X 2.5mm, or should I use a specific port, such as the cigarette lighter ports? I do know/think that USB's are almost all rated at 5V output, so that might not power these LED's? Next question is a DC refrigerator, Im assuming the best port to utilize is the cigarette lighter port since its 13.8V rated regulated, and quite possibly the only plugs these DC refrigerators come with?

thanks for any help.
Assuming cigarette lighter is max 10 Amps, use that for higher amp loads and use 5.5x2.5mm for lower amp loads. Most 5.5x2.5mm are typically 5 amps max.
You can buy the connectors (male or female) on Amazon.
Avoid using AC plugs unless your load draws over 120 watts plus or minus due to AC inverter wattage loss.
Hope this helps.

Back